five | weapon picking

Thor, Korg, and Ingrid had been led from their cells to the pre-fight holding area where they started picking out their weapons

Thor, Korg, and Ingrid had been led from their cells to the pre-fight holding area where they started picking out their weapons. Ingrid favored a sword as her primary weapon. "Yuck! There's Still someone's hair and blood all over this. Guys, can you clean up the weapons once you finish your fight? Disgusting slobs. Grid, look how disgraceful this is." Ingrid grimaced as she spotted some matted red hair, tangled in the weapon.

"That's disgusting." Korg chuckled before picking up a weapon that pretty much was a fork. "Thor...wanna use a big wooden fork?" The Asgardian wasn't in the mood for joking around and tried to pick up a weapon but just put it back. "No."

"Yeah, not really useful unless you're fighting off three vampires that were huddled together." Korg made a stabbing motion before Ingrid picked it up and looked at it for a second before handing it back. "Be good for some giant spaghetti." Korg looked at Ingrid and then back to the weapon before letting out a quiet 'Nah' and putting back where he had found it.

"I really wish I had my hammer." Thor sighed as he simply kept picking up weapons but none replacing the feel of his beloved Mjölnir. All of them felt weightless and useless. "Hammer?" Ingrid asked as she picked up the sword she wanted and started twirling it around her to warm up. Ingrid always liked to stretch before a fight because if you pull a muscle, Dead. "Quite unique. It was made from this special metal from the heart of a dying star. And when I spun it really, really fast it gave me the ability to fly." Ingrid understood gravity but clearly, Korg hadn't yet grasped the concept.

"You rode a hammer?"

"No, I didn't ride the hammer." Ingrid attempted to not laugh at the thought of this big mighty god riding a small hammer, but she just couldn't. "The hammer rode you on your back?" Ingrid laughed some more at Korg's comments, missing having something or someone to laugh at. When you laugh at Korg, he doesn't really get it. "No. I used to spin it really fast, and it would pull me off the..." Korg interrupted Thor with a horrified gasp.

"Oh my God. The hammer pulled you off?" Korg shook his head as Ingrid just smiled and shook her head at the two. "You must've had quite the relationship with this hammer," Ingrid said as Thor put his hand out in front of him to clarify. "The ground. It would pull me off the ground, up into the air, and I would fly. Every time I threw it, it would always come back to me." Ingrid knew that Thor was talking about Mjölnir, a decent weapon that Ingrid once saw Hela utilize before she took a liking to her daggers.

"Sounds like you had a pretty special and intimate relationship with this hammer and that losing it was almost comparable to losing a loved one." Korg might just be a pile of rocks but he does have some insight into certain situations. "That's a nice way of putting it."

"As much fun as it has been talking about your special hammer. I've got to go see someone." As Ingrid walked away from the two, Thor couldn't help but follow her with his eyes. But as he did, his eyes landed on the woman that put him in there. "See her, the one that put me in here," Thor told Korg who's nodded, knowing who the girl was.

"Yeah, Scrapper 142. She's strong. And she drinks a lot. And she's also Grid's second best friend. Second to me, of course. Gotta watch out for those Asgardians, man. They are hard to perish." Thor's eyes widen as he watches Ingrid walk towards the Scrapper and the two start talking. "Asgardian?" Thor starts running towards Ingrid and the Asgardian she was talking to, taking great strides. "Hey! Hey!" Ingrid and Valkyrie turn towards him causing the latter to hold up the control that both her and Ingrid would use to place people in the arena.

"Valkyrie, you put him in here," Ingrid whispered to the girl who nodded and took a swig of her drink. God, Ingrid missed alcohol. "Do not zap me with that thing. I just wanna talk. Asgard is in danger. Ask Ingrid, she's helping me and we need as many Asgardians as we can get." Ingrid watched as Thor's eyes wondered down to Valkyrie's tattoo and a look of disbelief and recognition passed over his face like it did when he saw Ingrid's tattoo.

"My God, another Valkyrie. Like told Ingrid before, I used-" As Ingrid listened to him ramble on about his love for Valkyries and women again, she ignored the glare that Valkyrie was aiming at her. "Are you done?" Valkyrie turned back to him before looking at the warden behind him. "Lord of Thunder, you're up."

"Please, help me. I need your help." Thor begged which caused Ingrid to communicate with Valkyrie through expressions which she just ignored and started to back away. "Bye." She waved to the two before turning. "Thor, I'm sorry she just-" Ingrid was cut off by the Asgardian who shouted towards Valkyrie.

"Fine, then you must be a traitor or a coward because the Valkyrie are sworn to protect the throne." This caused both Ingrid and Valkyrie to tense up immediately. Both knew that they were traitors as they escaped Hela within an inch of their life that day, but being called a traitor made Ingrid feel a pang of guilt that she used to bury with alcohol.

"Listen closely, your majesty. This is Sakaar, not Asgard. And I'm a scrapper, not a Valkyrie. If Ingrid wants to fight your battle then that's her choice, but I will not support you." Guards started to swam Thor and drag him back. "Bring him in for processing!" They all realized that Thor had struck a nerve within the two Valkyries, but in the end, Valkyrie did have the upper hand in that scenario.

"And no one escapes this place. So you're gonna die anyway." Valkyrie turned away and walked off as Ingrid walked alongside Thor who was being dragged away. "I'm sorry. I hope that we will meet again." Ingrid shouted after Thor who looked defeated as he was dragged into a separate room. "I'm liking this new Doug. Let's hope he doesn't end up like other Doug." Korg said as he came up next to Ingrid who stood, thinking about whether or not Thor actually had a chance against the green bastard.

"I really hope he doesn't. Now, let's fight."

WHATTTTTT TWO UPDATES IN THE SAME WEEK. Sorry, it is my last day of holiday *cries*. So I might update this next week, just because I have a lot to do when I get back. Anyways, the last update I was a little bit, not drunk, but tipsy so I will edit that soon so sorry. Also, I am writing this purely from memory and so if it is not accurate, I'll edit it later.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)