chapter 26

Misas POV
I woke up from my own screams during the night.
When I shot up, trembling with fear, my head spun and I was dizzy. I couldn't see the world straight.

Then Grayson ran in. " Misa whats wrong?!" He whispered loudly. I tried to get up but ended up falling on my ass. " Misa get back in bed!" He whispered seriously. I ignored him. I needed something to drink.

I steadied myself on my two feet and tried to make my way out the door but I kept tripping over my feet and losing balance. Then Grayson tried to help me. " okay misa I'm going to wrap my arm around your waist to steady you..." He assured and enunciated every word so it could be clear I nodded. But when he touched me, it wasnt like before, how I craved his touch, felt warmth and gentleness.  I winced, they were cold and brutal, though the hands that I'm remebering dont belong to him. They belong to my nightmare, the boys who hurt me, raped me, spat on me. I tried to push it away, but trying to block that incident that happened away, without coping with it, is driving me insane. I try to block it out, but the memory and the feeling creep into my dreams and twist them into horrific nightmares, forcing screams out of my throat and fear into my body.

Grayson helped me gently down the stairs to the kitchen. I made my way through the kitchen holding onto the counter for support, and headed to the liquor cabinet, I needed this feeling gone, I needed to be numb.

" Fuck no misa!" He whispered a little to loud. I ignored him and grabbed the first bottle of whiskey I saw. I twisted of the cap and put it to my lips before it was snatched from my grasp. " What the fuck!" I said, and my voice echoes through the kitchen due to the silence. "Could you be any more louder? And you arent drinking again, your ass is still fucked up!" He whispered harshly. " you don't control my life! I can do w-what ever I please!" I slurred a bit at the end but I made my point. "No you can't, not when I'm around! You cant do this to yourself!" He said a little more gentle then his tone before. Then he sighed. "this isnt the way." He finally said and set the whiskey back into the cabinet and Shut it. His back facing me, I could here him breathing heavily and heard a sniffle. Was he crying?

"Gray?" I said calmly. He kept his back facing me and lifted his head up a bit. "Gray look at me..." I sort of demanded. He slowly turned around and faced me. I walked up to him slowly and put my hands on cheeks and lifted his chin up to face me. His eyes were a bit red and one tear rolled down his cheek. I perced my lips and wiped the tear away. " whats wrong?" I asked and he almost broke down.

" I'm sorry, this whole thing was because of me, if I didnt come here, or fuck issa, you never would of left.
A-and they never w-would of hurt you... I'm sorry they hurt you. I'm sorry you went through that. Im sorry something so precious was taken from you by force. I can't deal with the fact that they touched you like that and beat you... I'm sorry" he cried into my hands. And I couldn't help but cry with him. I pulled him into a hug and all the negative feelings were gone. I could feel his warmth, I could feel his heart beat, I could feel the gentleness and love in his body and touch. " its not your fault. Dont think like that. Its no ones fault, okay? Dont blame yourself." I cried into his chest and he held me close to him. I could feel his heavy breathing and the movement of his chest as the tears slipped out.

We stood there, holding each other. I felt safe in his arms, and I never wanted to let go.

" I Love you..." I whispered. My voice was muffled from his body but it was audible.

" I love you too" he whispered and placed a kiss on my forehead. " so much."

Authors note: Sorry it was a short chapter had finals today and I couldnt really make a long one.

Will be updating tomorrow, hope you guys enjoy and thanks for reading.

Peace✌💜