01: Omega

"After three months of trial, I have come to a final decision. I hereby announce that Hasley Advill is guilty of assaulting the Luna and will be demoted to the position of Omega. As such, she has been disowned and will no longer be the daughter of the Beta." Alpha George announced, glancing towards me with a disappointed look.

I stared down at my hands in silence, noticing that the ropes had cut my skin open. I have been sleeping in the cells for as long as I could remember after the incident.

Even though I was let out today, but it was regarding the conviction of my crimes.

I was framed.

My eyes landed on my older sister, Hailee Advill. Disappointment was written all over her face.

However, I knew that she was just putting on an act in front of everyone.

She shot me a look of disgust, her lips curved into a triumph smirk when she noticed me glaring at her.

Her eyes held the same look of disgust just like how it was four months ago after I have been demoted to an Omega because of her.

"You broke the wine in the wine cellar room, didn't you?" She accused, placing the fault on me when it was her who accidentally pushed the wine when she had sneaked in to steal a bottle.

I glanced at her with no emotions left, bored by her accuses just to cover up for her mistake.

"Is that true, Hasley?" My mentor questioned, staring at me with disappointment.

"Yes, she did. I saw her-" Her accusation was cut off. "I didn't ask you to answer, Hailee. Let her explain herself."

She shut her gap instantly, glaring at me with a sour look. Her eyes widened at me instantly as though telling me to admit it.

I sighed, "I didn't do it on purpose, Ms. Stark. I accidentally broke it just now."

She nodded her head, turning to glance at Hailee. "She has already admitted she broke the wine accidentally, you are not needed here now. I will deal with her from here."

With that said, she snorted and walked out of the cellar room.

I sighed, shaking my head. Another scolding again because I took the blame for her.

When she was out of earshot, Ms. Stark turned to me with a frown.

"Tell me honestly, Hasley. Why are you covering up for her?"

My eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know?"

She shook her head, glancing towards the broken pieces and spilled wine.

"I saw what happened. I was expecting her to admit it was her fault, but instead she pushed the blame to you. For this matter, I can report it to the Alpha-"

"No, please don't." I cut her off instantly, shaking my head furiously. "After all, she's still my sister."

She sighed, "You are too nice, letting her take advantage of you everytime, Hasley. Learn to stand up for yourself next time please."

I nodded numbly. It was the nth time she has put the blame on me for the mistakes she has done.

It was nothing new to me now.

"Because I have to answer to the Alpha, your pay will be docked to avoid trouble. Clean up the mess and you can leave this place at 8pm." She said, jabbing her thumb towards the direction of the broom and dustpan next to the bin.

I nodded, swiftly got the broom and dustpan as I swept up the pieces of glass.

I mopped the floor and ensure that there were no more traces left.

Sighing, I walked up the steps of the cellar to the kitchen as I headed to the toilet to clean up.

When I was done, I stared back at my watch which states, 7.59pm. I took in a deep breath, staring at my face on the mirror.

Sunken cheekbones, droopy eyelids, my face was no longer how it used to be ever since I was demoted and was assigned to take care of the wine cellar room with my mentor.

My jaws tightened at the memory, tears rolling down my cheeks at the betrayal. Because of her, my father never once bothered to glance at me.

He has already disowned me.

What is the point of living when my family members doesn't care about me anymore?

From my pocket, I grabbed my switchblade and flicked it open. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body, ready to stab myself.

X

Like | Comment | Share

4 May'18