38

Zenia's POV

I walked to Anton's car with a teary face and a racing heart. No one loves being or feeling sick. My stomach ached and felt like it was being tied in knots. I had a screaming headache that was worse than any hangover headache I ever had. I felt weak and drained.

"I'm sorry you're going through this. I'll get you to the doctor and you'll soon be better," Anton kindly said and assisted me with fastening my seat belt.

My eyes were closed for the entire ride.

"Ah, Mr. McCalister. It's nice to see you again," a friendly female doctor greeted. She was beautiful with kind brown eyes and pixie cut brown hair.

"Hello Dr. Sheridan. This is my friend Zenia, and I'm afraid she is in great need of your medical care," Anton informed. I was wrapped up against his shoulder.

"Oh dear. Come on, Zenia. Let's get you to an exam room."

My legs reacted slowly so it appeared Anton was dragging me towards a wheelchair.

Once in the exam room, she laid me down on a bed. Anton left to wait in the reception area.

"Can you please tell me the symptoms you're experiencing?" she kindly asked with her everlasting British accent.

"Vomiting."

"Uh-huh. Go on." She was moving around and her pacing made me nervous.

"Fever. Stomach pain. Dehydration. Nausea," I counted.

"Okay. It does sound like food poisoning, but before I go a step further, can you tell me when was your last period?"

"My period?" I asked, alarmed since I was startled by the question. I racked my brain as I tried to recollect the date of my last period.

Ever since the miscarriage, my period hadn't been flowing normally. 

"I don't know," I answered her.

"Have you been experiencing difficulties with your period lately?"

I nodded my head yes. "Ever since my miscarriage."

"Oh, I see. I'm very sorry that you had to go through that."

I wanted to tell her it was alright because it was all my fault, but I kept quiet. I only met her and I had already told her about my miscarriage. Telling her how it occurred wasn't her business.

"Okay Zenia, please lay back and lift your T-shirt. I'm going to conduct an ultrasound."

"For what?" I almost snapped. I was suddenly angry at her. Her eyes grew at me and I quickly apologized. "I'm not pregnant," I said afterwards.

"Are you a virgin?"

"No." I felt belittled as I answered, a frown playing on my face.

She smirked and applied the ultrasound gel to my stomach. It was as cold as ice. Using a transducer, she distributed the gel around while paying close attention to the sonogram across from us.

Within a few seconds, a picture appeared on the screen.

"Zenia, I'm pleased to tell you that you're pregnant, and it looks like you have been pregnant for a little over a month now-- five or six weeks."

"WHAT?"

"It's right here in front of you in your uterus. I can see the sac. I can also do a blood test to confirm, but it appears you're pregnant."

I almost leaped off the gurney but Doctor Sheridan held onto my shoulders and gently laid me back.

"Zenia, listen to me. I know this may come as a total surprise, but getting worked up isn't going to do you any good. This is the reason for your sickness. You're pregnant, and it seems you weren't aware of it, but everything is going to be alright. Just take a few moments to yourself and process."

She printed a picture of the sonogram and handed it to me. "Congratulations."

She wiped the gel of my stomach and fixed my Tee while, all the time, I was speechless and looking at the picture.

Pregnant? I'm pregnant?

"I'm going to prescribe some pills to minimize the occurrence of your morning sickness. Also prenatal multivitamins for development, nutrition and growth, for the baby's sake.

"And I do trust that you're keeping the baby. You won't have to worry about a thing. The McCalisters are good people and, although Anton is young, he'll make an excellent father," she added.

"I don't believe in abortions," I simply said.

"Excellent. Neither do I. I think it's absolutely cruel and disgusting in the innocent cases."

"I totally agree."

"Okay Zenia, please remember to drink lots of fluids, especially water, eat healthy food, get enough rest, but also be active."

"Thank you and I will."

She led me out of the room and we met up with Anton in the hall. "Hey." He pulled me into his arms. "Are you feeling any better?"

"She will be better, and congratulations again." Dr. Sheridan gave another sweet smile before leaving us.

"Congratulations for?" Anton asked, his eyebrows creased together with questions and an unreadable expression on his face.

I laid my head against his chest. "I'm pregnant," I said in a very low tone.

"You're what?"

I looked up at his handsome face. "I'm pregnant."

"Wow," he said and ran his hand over his face. "Come on, lets get you home."

"I don't know what to do now. I left EJ and America to get a break and I can't even get that because, now, I'm pregnant. Another life is inside of me, again!"

"Zenia, please calm down."

Anton and I were in my bedroom. I became frantic as the fact hit me that I was not dreaming. I began packing.

"What are you doing?" Anton asked and held my hand to stop me.

"I'm leaving. I'm going back to America. You wouldn't want me here now that I'm pregnant with EJ's baby. The guy you can't stand."

"Zenia, sweetie. I don't want you to leave. You know I like you so much and, even though you're having a baby with another guy, that hasn't changed my feelings for you, and it wouldn't."

"Anton, you're so sweet. I really don't deserve your kindness."

"Yes you do." He planted a kiss on my forehead. "You don't have to leave. You can have the baby here."

I laughed lightly. "Oh, you must not know who the Hollens are. If EJ finds out that I'm pregnant, you may just see his private helicopter on your lawn in the morning, waiting to take me back home."

"Well don't say anything to him, or anyone else for that matter."

I looked at him as if he just grew two heads.

Don't say anything?

How can I keep this a secret from my sister even?

_____________________

A/N

So Zenia is pregnant....

And, just so u know, I don't have kids, so I don't know wtf actually happens in an OBGYN's office when you go for a checkup. I make shit up and I use Google sometimes. So plzzzzz don't judge me if that's not how things are done, or I'll tell your ass that I never pushed anything out my 'vajayjay' yet SO I DON'T REALLY KNOW!! 

😊😊

Love you guys....

**Please don't forget to Vote**