Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

I ran on the mushy sand across the beach where the gentle waves kissed the shore periodically.

I laughed so hard and gasped for air while turning my head back occasionally to see Blake chasing me with a huge wicked smile on his face.

"Oh no. You stop right there, missy" he shouted as he tried to quicken his pace.

I giggled and tried not to trip while running faster on the wet sand. "Come and catch me if you can!" I threw over my shoulder and quickened my phase too.

Within a few threats, a tiring run and non-stop laughing. Blake finally managed to push me into the water as he jumped along, and trapped me in his strong arms.

I came to the surface of the water with a gasp and put my damp hair back out of my face.

"Gotchya" he whispered in my ear as he tightened his arms around my waist from behind. I giggled and bit my lip.

I turned around and looped my arms around his neck and pulled him impossibly closer and stared right at his deep hazel orbs. I looked at his lips as he wet them. I bit my lip. I looked back at his eyes and neared his face.

Just before my lips touch his, I turned my face towards the side that led his hungry lips to my cheek.

I smirked.

"I don't think so" I whispered in his ear and pushed his head, hard into the water and ran away from him, laughing so hard.

Within a few seconds, I heard Blake recover from the impact and locked his target to catch me again.

Which he did.

We laughed together as I ruffled his hair while he grabbed my waist.

We looked at each other lips again. This time we didn't fail to lock them together into a sweet passionate kiss.

I stared blankly at the wall as the memories resurfaced.

He was so loving. How could he do this to me? Was I not enough?

I inhaled and shook my head.

He was just a cruel bastard.

I sighed heavily and stumbled out of bed. I couldn't sleep this night either.

Great. My health is slipping out of my hands. I need to get a proper sleep as soon as possible. This can't get going for long.

I sighed and dragged myself into the bathroom.

After a couple minutes in the shower, I went to the closet and picked out the first thing I saw and put it on.

I walked out of the room, not caring how I looked, straight to the kitchen. I grabbed a juice carton and walked back to my room and plopped on my bed.

What do I do today? I thought as I punched a hole with the straw on the silver cover on my juice carton. I slurped the juice.

I mean today was the first day of the weekend. I ain't touching my books or studying. If it sit and do nothing, then I probably won't get my mind off Blake.

I sighed.

Eh...

How about, some Netflix? Yea...That'll do.

I nodded to myself and pulled out my laptop.

***

After five straight hours of Riverdale, I shut the laptop to get some movement going on for my sore muscles. A walk will do for now, I guess.

I shrugged and walked out of my room and stumbled across the foreign walls.

I heard some muffled yells from a particular side which heightened my curiosity. I walked towards the door and put my ear on it.

I mean, trust me. I am not an eavesdropper. I'm just curious. I know curiosity killed the cat, but I sure ain't a kitty cat. And hey! They could have kept their voice down too.

"No, dad! I don't think this is working. We need to get it done before anyone suspects. We need a proper plan for fuck's sake" I heard a familiar voice which I immediately recognized as Israel's.

I frowned.

"Yea. I know son" he paused. "But we don't have a choice at the moment. We gotta keep it this way to keep Blaire close. We gotta give him time to warm up. Even we have to sort out our side" he replied.

What the hell are they talking about?

"But dad-"

"Enough Israel, do as I say. Don't forget what I said before. Do as I said, without fail" Marshall cut him off.

I heard a few shuffling of movements before I heard growing sound of footsteps towards the door from inside.

My eyes widen as I made a frantic move to get out of there. I ran away from the door and was just about to turn around the corner, but a voice stopped me.

"Blaire?" Israel's voice questioned.

I inhaled sharply and bit my lip and turned around.

"Y-Yea?" I managed to get out and plastered a fake smile. He tilted his head in confusion.

"What are you doing out here?" he questioned.

"I..Uh... I-I was just running around the hall" I blurted out and immediately cringed and facepalmed myself inwardly.

"What?" he asked amused.

"I didn't know the way to get down to the door, you know, this is a huge place and I have only been here for two days. And I desperately needed a run, so I just thought of running around the halls" I pushed out in one breath.

"What?" he repeated again. His face held more amusement this time. "You could have just asked me or some other guards that are here, for the way. And why are you headed towards the dead end?" he rose an eyebrow.

I chuckled nervously.

"Silly me! I didn't see you there" I talked to the wall. What even? Blaire.

"I-I'll get going that way. The right way." I said and walked towards another hallway.

"That leads to a dead-end too," he said chuckling.

Stupid huge mansion that is literally designed like a maze like the ones in the back of a cereal box.

"Oh! Sorry!" I chuckled and took the right way this time. I looked back at him over my shoulder to see him look at me suspiciously and shake his head.

I bit my lip quickened my pace to my room.

I cannot have been more awkward than that...

But the question is, What the hell were they talking about?

***

***(A/N)Please vote, comment and share this story with your Wattpad friends***