Two • Dimitrius

"Felicity, what took you so long?"  Jonathan smirked. Well, dear brother, you left Katherine dying, what do you expect?

I sat on my chair and greeted them 'good morning' My father and my mother were already halfway finished with their meal and my brother was already eating his sweet treat.

Jonathan is two years younger than me. I wish he would be crowned as the king but my parents refuse. Since I am their firstborn, I'm their heir. My brother doesn't care as long as he is part of the family.

"Felicity, it would be a better impression on the coronation night if you present yourself with a slave," my father suggested.

Are you kidding me? First, I'm letting myself hold all the responsibilities as the queen. Second, I'm going to have a slave? Oh, hell no.

"I'm sorry, father but I think I can present myself well without thinking about a slave." I tried to answer with modesty but my tone sounded like pure disgust.

My brother was just laughing to himself. If there's someone in this palace that knows I don't like owning slaves, it would probably him.

"Felicity, your father and I will give you one day for you to pick a slave and if you don't, we will send someone to your room," my mother said.

Why do they seem so ecstatic? My parents do not own a slave since they don't need someone to fulfill their needs anymore. Why can't they just leave me be alone?

The rest of the breakfast was quiet. Mary cooked my favorite, pancakes but I stopped myself from eating more than one. The last thing I want today is to be lectured by my mother about having a healthy diet.

"May I excuse myself?" I asked before standing up. I couldn't bear to hear more of their talks about 'handling' vampires. It's complete bullshit, excuse my foul language.

Not only did they talk about that but they have been bugging me about marrying someone and make them 'King' I'm only nineteen, marrying isn't part of my plans until after four years!

I walked back to my room and thought about what my father has told me. On the coronation day, I wouldn't want to appear with slave but I do not have a choice but to obey my dad.

After all, he is still the King. When I found Mary cleaning my bedroom, I told her to call for a driver. If I'm getting a vampire slave, I will choose one myself.

When the car arrived, I went downstairs and found my brother sitting on the lounge. "Jonathan?" I called him.

"My sister still knows my name," he sarcastically said. "Of course, I do. Anyways, which auction place did you get Katherine?"

Jonathan seemed amused when I took interest in buying a vampire. He told me which place he bought Katherine so I instructed the driver to take me there.

Usually, auction places are filled with people, flashing their money. This place is a lot fancier than I thought. Men and women were dressed elegantly, some in gowns and some in suits.

Most of them bowed their heads to me since I'm the princess. I took a seat in one of the tables as the auction began. Someone stepped on the stage and announced,

"Welcome to League Auctions, ladies, and gentleman. I am pleased to show you all of our available slaves for today. Male and female vampires of different features are here to your liking, let the auction begin!"

Vampires of different genders, sizes, color, and looks were presented in the stage but none of them have really captured my interests.

Most of them looked awful, their skin color shows how much they have been starved. In three days, everything will change. I will give them the freedom that they long deserved.

Losing my patience, I was about to leave when I noticed the people bidding in a very high amount. I looked at the stage when I saw a handsome vampire with crystal hazel eyes and a black well-groomed hair.

His aura was much more different than the rest of the vampires. Something about him wanted me to take him and get to know him.

Men and women were outbidding each other and now the money is in five hundred thirty thousand dollars. The emcee almost said 'sold' when I raised my card and said, "One million dollars."

Everyone gasped and turned to me with surprised looks. No one had expected me to bud for such a high price. "Sold to Princess Felicity!" Then, they all gave me a round of applause.

I waited until the rest of the auctions were finished. The ones who had bought their new vampire slaves left with happy faces and the vampires who have been bought looked beyond terrified.

Personally, I don't know why vampires let our population enslave them. They're stronger, faster, and more dangerous but they choose to live under us, humans.

I walked over the place where you retrieve the vampires and found the vampire that I won in the auction. His wrists were tied and another person was about to inject something which I'm pretty sure is vervain.

"No need for that, I'm taking him now," I stopped the guy. He bowed then gave me a smile.

He left and I told the vampire to stand up. "The restraints don't look good on you," I said before breaking it to free his wrists.

I motioned for him to follow me and he obediently did. We both entered the car and he didn't utter a single word.

Silence fell between the two of us and I took the moment to admire the beautiful vampire beside me. His eyes were the most beautiful part of his body.

"Hello, I am Felicity," I gave my hand out but I remembered that vampires do not have permission to touch.

He just stared at my hand and I put it down. "You don't talk much, do you? What's your name?" I asked then he spoke,

"Dimitrius."