Book 2. Chapter N I N E T E E N

Flynn Vasilios P.O.V

I don't like tapas. Maybe not all of them, but the ones I already tried. Those were horrible. The cheese and olives. I just find it disgusting.

But I know how much Jill loves tapas. The last time we were in Spain we went to the Plaça de Catalunya and I remembered how much she enjoyed it. She was glowing and she had so much fun. Even though I couldn't stand the crowd and the pizza, her happy face was all that mattered.

I love her. A lot.

"Where are we going?" Jill asked. She sat next to me looking like a goddamn goddess. Someone like her deserves more than what I can give her. She deserves the finest treatment. I shouldn't bring her to go eat tapas, but instead dine with her in Al Dawaar, one of the finest restaurants in Dubai. The restaurant is amazing and the quality of the food is so great. A million times better than tapas.

But Jill would feel very uncomfortable. I know my girl. She likes the simple things. Yes, she loves to go out sometimes and dine in a fine restaurant, do some shopping in Gucci and Louis Vuitton, and pamper herself with jewelry from Tiffany's, but most of the time she enjoys the simple things.

A picnic, a movie night, a date at McDonalds. She loves it. It's the little things that makes such a big difference.

So, for tonight I planned out the perfect date for us. First we're going to Cervecería Catalana to get some tapas. I can't let my princess starve, can I? Girls need to eat before you bring them out and about, because otherwise they will be moody. Read that somewhere on google. After having tapas we will go to visit Casa Mila. And we will end the night by visiting the Magic Fountain of Montjuic.

"First things first." I parked the car and Jill looked outside. The place must be familiar to her, because a small smile appeared on her face. I saw the little spark in her eyes and that's when I realized that I brought her to the right place. Screw Al Dawaar, if this place makes my girl happy, who cares about a first class restaurant?

"Tapas." She said happily and turned to look at me, "How did you know about this place? The tapas here are delicious."

"Google, pudding." I grinned. "Google."

"Oh em gee! C'mon let's go. I really want you to try all the different tapas they have here. Have you ever had Calamares?,"

I shook my head. Cala-what?! What the hell are those? "Is it like a drink? Pepsi?"

Jill laughed out loud. "No, not even close. But I promise you they are so good. You should really try it."

The way she laughed, the way she talked. I never realized how much I missed this until now. I have missed her voice and presence. "You look beautiful." I blurted out.

"Thank you, Vasilios." She answered, smiling. "You look handsome yourself."

I stepped out of the car and walked to her side to open the door. "My lady." I said, stretching my hand out at her. Jill smiled at me and placed her hand in mine. She better do to, because I'm positive all the men inside will be gawking at her. But what can I say? She's beautiful.

"So," I said when we entered the restaurant,"What do you want?"

"A calamares. Two calamares."

"What is a calamate-what?" I asked, confused. I know everything about finance, business, and trade, but don't ask me about food. Especially foreign food. I'm not an expert in that.

"Calamares," Jill laughed, "It's fried squid rings. Oh, oh and you should also try the patatas bravas, steamed prawns, and the beef tenderloin. I have heard the beef tenderloin is so delicious."