Hybrid

The silky sheets tangled around my legs and I squeezed my eyes shut, furiously rubbing them.

I pouted opening my eyes and looked out the window. The moons light shone through my window and dimly lit up my room.

"Why can't you sleep!" I hissed, speaking to myself. I rubbed my forehead and irritation spread through my veins.

My mind was like a broken record, repeating several thoughts over and over again. I couldn't seem to find a switch that could shut it all off.

"You know what?" I whispered to myself as my voice lingered in the dark room.

"-I give up."

With a dramatic sigh, I threw the silky sheets off of my body and stood up. My bare feet slapped onto the floorboards as I groggily walked over to my door.

Slipping on a pair of sandals, I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around my body.

I opened my door and it squeaked loudly making me cringe.

The hallway was oddly quiet. It was pitch black and a little spark of fear ran down my spine.

I rolled my eyes at the irony. Man up Elina. You forget you're a werewolf.

With that thought, my eyes immediately adjusted to the darkness and the hall way lit up in a strange colour. It were as if I was wearing night goggles.

I quietly walked down the hall. Where was I going? I had no idea.

It was until I arrived in front of Tate's office that I came to a halt.

Just looking at the door I felt weird tingles dance around my body. Suddenly I had the strong urge to see Tate. My body yearned for him and I couldn't ignore it anymore.

But where was his room?

I had no idea. It was way past midnight and everyone was asleep, except warrior wolves that guarded the borders, of course.

That left no one to ask.

I doubted he was in his office at this hour, but hey? There was no harm in trying.

I slowly turned the door knob and entered the dark office. The tall glass windows allowed the luminescent of the moon to flood into the room.

To my disappointment, my assumption was right. The office was untouched and nothing seemed out of place.

I glanced around the books that stacked the walls and sighed in dismay.

Just as I was about to close the door, something caught my eye. The usual accuracy of the bookshelves weren't present, and the brown frame of the bookshelf in the far corner was pushed slightly forward.

Curiosity made my eyebrows raise as I walked over to the shelf in the far left hand corner, behind Tate's desk.

My fingers clasped around the frame and tugged it forward. When I was certain nothing was going to move, I was pushed back and I landed roughly on my rear, a small 'oomph' leaving my lips.

Groaning, I glanced up and was greeted by an open door. The bookshelf was outlined into a door shape and darkness was beyond it.

With slow movements, I stood up and glanced inside. Curiosity got the best of me and I advanced inside.

Was this Tate's chambers?

His chamber's indeed. I was greeted by a staircase that led underground. As I kept going forward, I entered a wide looking room that had stone as walls. Candles were lit on a vanity and a round bed with black sheets made of silk was draped over a muscular body.