The Group

(Ally's POV)

We had another funeral, this time for Tyreese. There has been so much death lately, and I just feel so stuck. People keep dying and I don't know what to do anymore. I feel broke and empty. This place between surviving and death, is where I am.

No, I don't want to die. But sometimes it seems like the only thing I have left. The only reasonable explanation. But Hunter and Carl keep me going. Keep me distracted.

We're on the road again, walking, looking for shelter. And it's taking goddamn forever. "Ally?" I look back at Carl who is slightly behind me.

(Carl POV)

"Ally?" I finally got her attention and she looked back at me. She's got a convincing smile on her face, even though its fake. There's fear in her eyes and I can see it. She's sad and she's scared and I can see it, but no one else can.

"Carl?"

"Um..." And I forgot what I was going to tell her.

"Spit it out, Grimes." She grins.

I shake my head, smiling back. "Never mind, Alison."

She rolls her eyes. "Ugh, let's go back to that cowboy, supergirl thing, instead of our names."

I laugh lightly. "You really hate your name that much?"

"I think Ally is a beautiful name." She states, giving me a small smile.

"Ally, Alison... still beautiful." I smirk.

She shakes her head, not having anything sarcastic to say back. And it catches me off guard. She's always got something to say. She's not herself and I'm worried. If Daryl was in his right state of mind, he'd notice too, but he's still mourning Beth.

I wrap my hand around Ally's, she doesn't look at me, but at our hands and squeezes mine. We continue walking and the flow of the whole group just gets extremely slow paced.

"Hey, Ally." Noah walks up to us, standing on the side of Ally I'm not on.

"Hey, Noah."

"I was just thinking... whatever happened to Bunny?"

I can feel Ally's shoulder tense. The last thing she needs right now is to be reminded of the one thing she loved the most, that is now dead.

It takes her a second, but she acknowledges Hunter a few feet in front of us, walking independently. "Hunters watching him for Jamie." Her voice is quiet and a bit shaky.

"Aww." Noah smiles, nodding. "He's in good hands, then."

Ally gives Noah a tiny smile, nodding her head. "Yeah. Great hands."

Soon, we settle down by the side of the road, each person taking turns to keep watch while the others slept. But, we were running out of supplies. Food. Water. Things needed for survival.

So, Dad, Daryl, Ally and I went on a supply run while the group stayed back at the tiny campsite. Dad decided it, but Ally and I didn't argue. We wanted to go, we insisted actually.

Hunter wanted to go too, but Ally told him he needed to stay with Noah while we were gone. "Can you watch Noah for me?"

"Really? Me?" Hunter gasped, excited that he was assigned a 'job' for once.

"Yep. He really needs someone right now, and you're the next best person." Ally explains, smiling brightly.

Hunter grasps Ally in a hug. "I love you, Ally. Good luck."