Chapter Nine: Meet The Ross'.

(Ember's pov)
I bite my lip nervously but Dom rubs my shoulder comfortingly. "Relax" Dom whispers as I let out a hot breath.

I watch as my dad walks out with my mum. "Celia, Brendon" my dad greets and shakes their hands my mother rubs her cheek with theirs. Celia smiles broadly.

"Where's my niece? Really Sharon! You ought to tell us next time when you have a pup! I'm you're sister for love of the goddess." I walk out the kitchen with the others behind me.

"Hi" I mumble and blush lightly, I'm pulled into a hug and happily return it. "I'm Ember" I introduce myself and rub my cheek against Celia's. She frowns.

"You're my Sharon's daughter?" I nod. She beams. "Well, how's everything now that you've shifted?" I shrug.

"It's ok, I met my mate-" I'm cut off by my dad.

"What?! Who is he?!" I grimace. Quickly I rely the events over the family bond with my dad growling viciously. "There's no way Damon is getting through here with out a fight! You're mate or not I don't care! Why I'd love to rip into his father, Jared deserves an ass beating anyway!" He snarls.

"Uncle!" A female voice pipes up. I look down to see a girl whose twelve and quite small. She is wearing a light blue dress with polka dots on it and small white now shoes, her brown hair is streaked with subtle red undertones and she has freckles.

"Yes Claire?" He replies, I giggle as she glares coldly at him.

"That's no way to speak of Ember's mate or his family!" He goes red and Claire laughs. "I'm Claire, it's nice to meet you, I'm twelve and this nut job is my older brother max; he's fifteen." I nod smiling. She beams and jumps at me. I pick her up and she wraps her arms around me.

"So, Ember, you were human before this?" Max asks. I nod. "Well, this life is by far better! I'm sorry to hear what you went through". He lowers his head slightly. His wolf whining out to me. I smile.

"It's ok, it's over. Have you found you're mate yet?" I ask. His face lights up.

"Yeah, she's my age and in my pack, future Luna." I beam. Claire huffs. "Claire has a crush on a guy called Kane, he's her age but they're struggling to get along". She pouts scowling.

"He's a cocky ass! I just wanna take his ass to a ring and beat him shitless. Thinks he can beat me the spineless pighead..." She trails off angrily grumbling her wolf is laughing lightly.

"Well, I say since it's such a nice day we have a picnic outside. Babe, do we still have those venison steaks?" Mum pipes up. Dad nods.

"With all the meat we got from the pack hint we've got tonnes" he replies. "I'll set up the barbecue and inform the pack that you're here." Cheers erupt in the house.

"Serena and I have snacks covered!" Hollered Lyla and dragged Serena out of the house, no doubt to our cabin where we kept the snacks.

"Cole and Dom, you guys go up patrols I don't want any unexpected visitors crashing our day" dad instructs. They nod and leave, tearing off down a trail that leads to the pack line. I turn with Claire still in my arms to face my aunt and uncle.

"So, where do you guys live?" I ask politely.

"Blackwood, it's two towns over so it's quite the drive but if you cut through you're territory then you end up in Blackwood forest. It's peaceful and we have schools built in the forest whilst the human's stay in the town.

We only go into town to pick up supplies but other than that we're secluded and not very interactive with humans... You're blood is alpha blood? That's peculiar." I shrug.

"It could be that when I joined the pack and the Leigh's I sliced my palm and joined hands with Sharon. After I shifted Dom had said the same thing as did my mate..." I trail off.

"You may have been adopted but that doesn't necessarily affect the blood in you're veins. You're a natural alpha female." My eyes widen and my wolf paces in my mind as she shakes her fur out.

"What does that mean?" I ask slightly worried.

"Well, for starters you and you're mate are going to but heads, the bond is stronger and if the rogue King finds out we're screwed" well fuck!

"I'll take Claire outside, you coming Max?" He nods. I head out of the pack house and place Claire in the grass. Inhaling the air I sigh. "It's so nice here..." I trail off as I watch Claire chase her brother around as he tried to evade her murderous grip and threats.

"Hey" Cole's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Hi" I hear a shout and see Joe has tackled Lyla to the ground and is attacking her with kisses. Those two are inseparable.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Cole asks, his light eyes assessing me. His wolf is pacing. I shrug lightly.

"Before all this, I was a human. I went through a lot... Could that possibly affect my blood?" Cole's brows furrow and he lets out a hot breath.

"Maybe, the fact that you've got pure alpha blood and you're an alpha female is strange but then I could see why as you've been through hell, it could possibly be that you're wolf is stronger because of what you've endured. Do you remember what merging is?" I nod confused.

"Yeah, it's when you shift you're wolf binds you together, what's that got to do with anything?" Cole rolls his eyes playfully.

"When you and you're wolf merge, you're memories become hers, she knows what you've been through and so wants you to be stronger, that's my theory I that what you're wolf knows about you has contributed to how you are now".

"Where is she?!" My head jerks in the direction of the voice and my eyes meet Damon's furious gaze as his wolf howls in anger behind his eyes.

Shit...