chapter 27

It was 10:30 am, usual time I wake up, but it felt odd. I felt odd.

The day didnt seem right, not due to my hangover, not because of last night or the night before, something else. I tried to shrug it away but I felt this negative tension in the air.

I went to the bathroom to clean up then walked into Graysons room, he was gone. School maybe? I walked to my moms room and she was gone. Work I guess? I walked down to the kitchen, and I saw a note on the table.

" Graysons going school and I went to work early today, I love you - mom

- and Grayson :) "

I laughed at the last part, must of snuck that in there before school. I decided to eat because I habent eaten since the hospital, and if I dont I could have some problem due to the medications. I rumaged through the fridge but saw nothing then I heard footsteps behind me. I slowly rises from the fridge and stood still, facing the fridge.

"Oh pumpkin' , still how you used to be."

The deep male voice said behind me, and I froze. I hesitated for a bit, but eventually forced myself to turn around, to face him. I closed the fridge, cautiously turned around and leaned against the fridge.

" w-what are you doing h-here?" I tried to say but my voice was overpowered by my fear and it was shaky. His eyes were red, he smelt of smoke and liquor, and looked like he didn't shower. " yo-our mo- cough- mom let me visit." He sort of slurred. He was drunk, or hungover, shit maybe both, if thats possible hell I think he's high too.

I look over his shoulder and saw the doorknob hanging by wored and a crack in the door, he broke in.

I tried to pretend inwasnt scared but I couldn't control it. " I dont think today is a good time... See moms not here and -" I stuttered a bit but he walked up to me. " mom was never here was she." He laughed. " you need to leave. Now." I said through gritted teeth and little more serious than I intended.

He eyes brows pulled together and you could see the anger in his eyes. "excuse me." He said loudly. " I said you need to leave. Right Now." I said loudly as well. "Don't speak to your dad like that." He said angrily. " you are not my dad. You are not in this family, and I want you gone. " I raised my voice. And he was furious. " Yell at me again!" He screamed and came walking towards me. I turned my body and walk backwards slowly to the living room. I stopped when my back hit the couch. "Dont you ever disrespect me like that!" He yelled and got into my face. I turned my  fave to the side, and crunching my face due to the strong liquor smell on his breath. " get out!" I screamed back and he raised his hand like he was about to slap me I moved from his presence and rounded the corner of the couch now in front of the TV. "Look at you, drunk and high, no wonder why mom left you. You were never apart of this family, I hate you, get the fuck out!" I screamed. I never stood up to him, I either always ran or his from him,and stayed quiet while the beatings came. But not this time. I need to let all my anger out.

He rounded the corner and smacked me right across my face. I fell backwards and onto the TV. It fell and shattered on the floor. I put my hand to my face and felt a sting. My lip my slit and my face was hot and hurt. I tried to get onto my feet but he kicked me with his boot to stay down. My body was pushed against the shattered glass shard and I winced in pain as they stabbed into my arm and legs. He tried to take off his belt my I got up and tried to run. He grabbed me by my hair and slung me against the coffee table. Now that, was where everything went blurry. My head hit the corner, and I layed there on the floor for a bit. I balanced my self on my hands and knees and lifted my self up. I saw him, belt in hand and my memories began to burn into my mind. He lifted his arm and whipped my back. I screamed in pain but charged at him. I kicked him in the balls and he fell to his knees. " You are gonna be sorry when I get my hands on you again!" He screamed out. I ran to the kitchen and tried to find my phone I found it on the counter and called the first person in my recent calls. Grayson. I dialed the number but he didnt call. Shit hes in school. I called again. No answer. My dad came from the living room and grabbed me by my neck and slammed me agaisnt the wall. I slid to the ground and grabbed my throat, coughing and breathing heavy. His fist came in contact with my back and so did his belt after ward. My phone began to buzz, still in my hand. I answered it but couldn't see who it was. I set it on the ground but didnt speak. All I did was scream for help and cry.

Ignoring my phone, I saw the empty Henessy bottle from last night and rose to my feet, teilying to take the whips. I lifted my hand and swooped around and hit him across the head with it with full force. He fell to floor. I stood there crying, hyperventilating, and staring at him. I went over and checked his pulse and heart beat. He was alive.

Graysons POV
During class I got a call but I couldnt answer. Then I got another right after. It must be urgent.

I took out my phonr and checked it. 2 missed calls from misa. Shit! I quickly called her, then she answered but all I heard was crying and screaming. "Misa!" I screamed and everyone heard me. The whole class turned around and I repeated her name. Then I heard a loud crash. I ended the call and quickly grabbed my things. Ignoring the teacher and consequences I ran out of the class and to the car. ( I used Misas)

I sped down the highway and pulled into the driveway. I ran to the door and saw it open. Door knob broken and the door cracked. I p
Slammed it open and saw no one and heard nothing. I threw my stuff on the ground and the keys on the counter. Before I could make my way through the house I saw the TV broke. With shards of glass everywhere. Then I spotted some blood on the white carpet and the corner of the coffee table broken off. I made my way to the kitchen when I saw A familiar man on the ground bleeding from his head. He was dirty, reeked off weed anf liquor and either dead or passed out. Then I saw Misa. Sitting against the wall, legs out, and hands laying out on her sides. Her fave was red, bruised. Her lip busted her arms, hands, and legs scratched up and punctured with glass, little drops of blood running down them. I saw blood drip on the side of her head and the wall was stained with blood. Her head was hung to the side and  she was unresponsive. Omfg!

I ran to her, ignoring the man, and checked her pulse. But I couldn't feel one. I put my head to her chest and heard a beat, but it was slow. I tried to wske her up but she wouldn't. I called 911. Right after I called her mom and explained what I saw, she then started cussing and screaming and hung up. I waited for the police and ambulance to arrive.

Why? Why her? She barely recovered from the other night, and now she was beat again.

please be okay. You have to be okay.

Authors note: Sorry for another sad and horrible scene. Tried to make this chapter longer.

Hope you enjoy and follow my socials.

Insta- pegarmedolan
Twitter- pegarmedolan

Peace✌💜