7 ~ try-outs

You walked onto the quidditch pitch. Ron was right behind you. You promise you'd help him practice. Harry made sure you could use the pitch to do so. You took the quaffle and were ready to go. You turned around and looked an Ron. He was nervously looking around.

'Ron.'

He looked at you. His face was filled with worry. You felt so bad for him. Quidditch was in his blood! Of course he could play quidditch.  He wasn't going to believe you though.

'Don't worry too much. You're a Weasley! You're meant to be good at quidditch! It runs through your blood! You're going to do great. It's just for practice.'

Ron nodded and took a deep breath. He got on his broom and flew over to the hoops. You got on your broom as well and flew up while holding the quaffle. Ron looked at you.

'I'll just start by throwing it in the middle hoop a few times and then we'll start adding the other 2.'

Ron nodded. You started throwing the quaffle. Ron was doing a good job! He stopped most of the throws you did. But it still didn't seem to boast his confidence. You had no idea if you could change that in any way.

'You're doing great Ron!' You smiled.

'I guess..' he said.

'Go Ronny!'

You looked to the side and saw Lavender. How did she know that you were training with him right now. She was so annoying. She was obsessed with Ron. She was where ever he was. Completely in love. Ron looked at her and then back at you. You didn't know if this was making him more nervous or not.

'Let's do the other excersise.' You smiled.

And like that you two continued. You didn't get why Ron wasn't confident. He was amazing! He missed only three throws and made the most amazing moves! He was incredible. You and Ron made your way down. He walked over to you.

'Don't worry! You'll do great. I don't get why you're so nervous.'

'It's just so important..  you gave me more confidence but I'm sure if I can do it.. thank you though..'

He started walking away. You sighed. You didn't have much time to do nothing because the Slytherin team had try-outs soon and you wanted to join. You made your way to the dressing room and saw that a few other people were there. Like Pansy.

You started getting dressed. You were also a little nervous but were confident about your skills. You made your way to the pitch with your broom. You saw some Slytherins on the seats on the side.

'DRACI!' Pansy yelled while waving.

You sighed and then noticed Draco sitting there. He left you alone after you helped him with Pansy. It was good to know that he didn't feel like bothering you anymore.

'Hello everyone. We're going to start off by just playing a game to see who can make it to the team. If you got in last year doesn't mean that you get into the team now so I want you all to give it your best for the Slytherin house.'

After those words you got on your broom and the game started. Everything went well. You made good passes, you managed to score two times and were very good at taking the quaffle away from people. It was great and you were really enjoying! You were positive about getting onto the team!

But when the second game started you started experiencing some problems. Your broom started acting out of control! You grabbed it and tried to lower down but it kept shaking and moving forwards and then backwards.

'Y/L?! What is this?!'

'I have no idea!' You yelled back.

You didn't have any control left and before you knew it the broom crashed down and you fell to the floor. You rolled across the ground and gasped in pain when you finally stopped. Pansy started laughing. The team captain came down but you refused to accept his help. You knew someone sabotaged you. You got up. Your arm hurt but that was it. You ran off the field. Why would someone of your own house sabotage you?!

You made your way to the hospital wing, knowing that your probably didn't need anything. Everywhere Draco was you got into trouble.. probably because you were better than Pansy.. you thought he didn't like her.. you thought you and Draco were okay.. Why did you even care?

'Hello dear, how can I help you?' Madam pomfrey asked you.

'I fell during the try-outs and hurt my wrist.. it's probably nothing but I thought I'd get it check.'

'Ah very good! Have a seat and I'll look at it.'

The hospital wing wasn't a place you visit often. You had been there before but that was for Harry. It was a big room with lost of beds that were separated from each other by curtains. There were large windows on every wall. There weren't many students right now so you chose the first empty bed you could see and sat down for a moment.

'Lets have a look.' Madam pomfrey said while approaching you.

She grabbed a stool and sat down besides you. She grabbed your hand and looked at your wrist. She moved it around a little. It hurt a but but that was it.

'Just give it a little rest and then it'll be gone soon. I'm not noticed any fractures or something.'

'Thank you.' You smiled.

You got up and left the hospital wing. That wasn't very special. You sighed and decided to head to the great hall where Harry, Hermione and Ron would be waiting for their try-outs to start.

You made your way to their table and sat down. You never cared about all the Gryffindors looking at you. Yeah you were a Slytherin sitting at the Gryffindor table.. so what? Harry, Ron and Hermione all looked at you.

'What?' You asked.

'Are you okay? You look a bit down..' Harry said.

'Someone hexed my broom during the try-outs.. so for the first time I won't get a spot on our team.'

'What?! Why would someone of your own house hex your broom?! You're one of Slytherins best players!' Hermione exclaimed.

'I had the exact same question.' You sighed.

It was quiet for a second. Ron hasn't said anything to you yet. He looked so nervous.. You actually felt bad for him.

'I bet it was Malfoy.' Harry than said. 'I saw him walking away from the quidditch pitch with Parkinson. He probably saw that you were getting the spot of the team with some other people and wanted to give his girlfriend the chance ones.'

You almost wanted to say that they weren't dating but friends unless that changed but you didn't.. You had to stop these crazy thoughts.

'Ron.. You'll do fine. We practised! You did great!' You said to get your mind of things.

He looked up and past you a small fake smile. You had no idea what you could do to make him feel better. You looked around the great hall and saw Pansy coming in. She approached you with a massive smile on her face, dragging Draco with her.

'How does it feel to be beaten?' She asked you with a smirk. 'How do people call you the best quidditch player of Slytherin if you can't even keep control over your broom? Now I'm the best seeing that I beat you!'

'I'm not beaten. If Slytherins doesn't win the cup this year it's your fault because all the other players are the same. So good luck living with that pressure.' You hissed. 'Oh and thanks Malfoy. I thought your housepride would be bigger than your attitude towards me. I thought we were okay but apparently I was wrong.'

'What? Don't know what you're talking about.' He smirked.

You wanted to get up to hit him but Harry held you down. Pansy and Draco laughed before leaving. You pulled yourself out of Harrys grip and got up. You pushed Draco away while walking towards the door of the great hall, causing him to fall against he wall.

He grabbed your hand and you froze in place. Your heart racing as you turned around. You pulled your hand back and shot him a look before leaving. Not even giving him a chance to talk to you..