Chapter 20: Warning

Chapter 20

Warning

I slipped on my clothes and sat down to put on my shoes. Titus was still splashing around. I could definitely see that wolf tendencies he talked about. The man was a giant puppy.  

I took out my phone to check the time. "Titus, we need to go. I'm going to be-" I turned as was met with a wall of red fur. I looked up and recognized the creature. "Titus!" I fell back and scooted back.

The werewolf didn't move and just stared at me. "Really, this is what he's obsessed with." He glanced over his shoulder as another wolf emerged from the trees and shifted to the upright version.

"Hmmm," the red and black one muttered, cracking his neck. "There's not much to him."

Titus hurried over, flipping water on me as stepped between me and the two werewolves. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Titus hissed. "I would have prepared him for it."

I slowly stood and stepped behind my boyfriend. "That's Darius, right?" I whispered.

The red one cocked it head to the side to look past Titus. "You told him about me."

"You attack me," snapped Titus. "I had to explain things to him."

The two werewolves shifted, and I looked away. Nude men, every gay boy would dream of it, but this was just awkward.

"Aden." Titus grabbed my arm and pulled me forward. "This is Darius as you know, and this is my father, Xavier," he cleared his throat, "and kind of the alpha of the pack," he muttered quickly.

"Alpha?" I looked back at him. "So like the leader?"

Titus smiled and laughed nervously. "Yeah, that's what alpha means."

This day was just getting more awkward. I smiled and held out my hand. "Aden Perri."

Xavier just stared at it with an expression that said he wasn't impressed. "I could find you far better potential mates."

My mouth dropped open. "What?"

"Dad," Titus hissed. "Aden is fine."

Darius chuckled. "Scrawny and plain, but his coat doesn't even reflected it."

"My coat?" I glanced between the two.

Titus ruffled my hair. "It could lighten. We never know right." He put his arm around my shoulder and hugged me too him.

I squirmed away, so he'd stop getting my clothes wet.

"He doesn't seem submissive," said Xavier, raising an eyebrow.

"Submissive," I exclaimed, facing my boyfriend. "What did you just go home last night and tell them everything? God Titus, can you keep our sexual preference to yourself. Not everyone need to know I'm a bottom."

"Not that," said Titus through his teeth.

Darius laughed. "This isn't about top and bottom, princess."

I glared at the man. "What did you call me?"

Titus grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. "Look, we haven't had that talk yet."

The two men smiled, clearly amused by that little detail. I was just plain annoyed.

"Well go on," I snapped, folding my arms. "Might as well put it all out there."

Titus gave me a stern look. "You're not ready for that one."

I shook my head and put my hands in the air. "Fine, whatever. This werewolf thing is weird enough as it is, I don't want to know." I marched toward the forest but Xavier stepped into my path.

"We need to have a talk of our own."

I backed up slowly.

Titus guided me into his chest. "Dad, he's not going to tell."

"I'm making sure he won't." The alpha made eye contact with me. "Aden, right?"

I nodded. "Yes sir."

Xavier smiled. "Maybe it will lighten." He looked me over. "Like my son said, I am the alpha of Northern Rocky Ridge."

I smiled politely. "I've heard of that place."

"You wandered right into," said Darius.

Swallowing hard, I nodded. "Sorry. I didn't know."

Xavier showed no emotions. "My son has taken an interest in you, but," he glanced at Titus. "he's made it clear it won't force it like I keep insisting."

Titus squeezed my shoulder.

"So this is the only warning you're getting, Aden." He narrowed his eyes at me. "Threatened the safety of my pack in any way, I'll have you killed."

My breath caught in my throat. "What?" I breathed. "He's not serious, right?"

Titus gave me an uneasy smile. "Like I said we're werewolves. Things are done a little differently."

"I will kill you, Aden," stated Xavier. "Share what you have seen with anyone, and I'll send my entire pack to track you down."

I shook my head. "I-I won't, Sir. I promise."

"Whether this works out of not," said the alpha. "No one must ever find out. I should just order Titus to mark you," his eyes turned to his son. "but I'm giving you a chance. Don't waste it, because I could easily change my mind. Take him home, Titus." The man shifted and walked away.

I just watched him leave in a state of shock.  

Darius changed back to a werewolf as well and walked over to me. He picked up a piece of my hair. "Let's hope this lightens up." He tilted up my chin with a clawed finger. The red haired man smiled. "He has nice eyes though."

Titus knocked his brother's hand away. "Leave."

Darius laughed softly and walked passed up. "See you later, Aden."

I heard him enter the water but didn't turn to see. "I never thought having a boyfriend would be this stressful," I breathed.

Titus squeezed the back of my neck gently and kissed my cheek. "Me either."