Chapter 5

Please click the star button below your screen to signify a vote. I do a secret dance in my head each time you vote. 😆😆

Stephano’s POV

*

        I took a refreshing sip from my glass and heaved a low sigh, resting my left elbow on the table properly. The music in this part of Nautoscopio club was low, sensual even. Also, being acquainted with the owner of the club was an advantage because I could come whenever I wanted.

“What’s up man?” A familiar voice suddenly demanded and my eyes rotated skywards before I even registered what I was doing. I didn’t have to raise my head up to know it was Benito. He knew where I would probably be and I could only guess he had also checked me at the office. He was one of the few friends I’d had from elementary days.

“I already checked you at the office.” He said, as if reading my thoughts and I gave a nod of approval. What made him stand out among all the other men was that we were closer and respected each other's personal space. We sometimes went out together to clubs and business meetings but that was it. He had this calm aura about him.

He was easy going with everyone and no matter how well I had tried to dispose of him in the past, he had only clung to me like a stubborn chewing gum. But regardless, he was a good friend.

He was the son of a Puerto Rican businessman who was very close to my father, so close that I sometimes considered it bothersome. Their family loved to death, and to them, family always came first. To the Alfonsi’s also, family came first but theirs was more intense.

The guy often came to me and we would always have a little chat about business and other relatable issues.

“Stressful day at the office?”

“Hmm.”

“I guess you’ve heard the talk going around.”

“What do you want Bennie?”

“Don’t call me Bennie, stronzo. I am Be-ni-to and it’s just three syllables.” He frowned.

“What do you need?”

“I thought the juicy information had reached your hearing, fratello.” (brother)

I shrugged. “That?”

“She is back and has planned to paint the town red.” His eyes glinted with excitement.

She is back... Hell! I just remembered it was remaining only a few days more for Kara to stay here before she had to return to school and I still hadn’t made a move on her. That girl wasn’t growing younger. Soon her mother would start planning her wedding and would definitely want me to take the position of the man that would walk her down the aisle. What?!

“Mai!” I muttered through gritted teeth. Never!

I would chain her to my room and keep her there before allowing any other man to lay his filthy hands on her.

“-so, the oblivious seductress decided it was time to make her presence known here in Italy.” Benito was still chattering away. On hearing the word, ‘seductress,’ my neck snapped upwards, finally taking in his happy features.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

He gave me a funny look.

“Seriously, we need to have a heart-to-heart talk about this issue on ground. When did you intend to inform me? Or I’ll just take it that you never even planned to let me know. And you know how much I like her...”

I couldn’t keep the scowl off my face. “Who are you talking about?”

“Danielle, our very own Dani is back in town.” He gave me a knowing look. After returning his stare for a good couple of seconds, I finally broke the gaze and took a sip of my wine.