Curiosity Leads To...

Thai

The first test in the Low Security Prison was successful, which meant others in that prison could also take the test. While other people were taking the test there, Dr. Wells came to the Medium Security Prison where I was at for my turn. I signed the consent forms, not fully knowing what I was getting myself into.

I didn't mind it here. We were all the same here. Outside we were all different. What would people think of people like us? What would our education be like after being neglected of it and forgetting practically everything besides writing letters and how much extra food cost if people gave us money. The only thing we knew was how to go day by day without causing any trouble.

You would think because I feel safe here-or at least comfortable-that I wouldn't take the test. But curiosity, like the cat, got the best of me. I walked into the dull, yet surprisingly fancy room. No one was there. Nothing that showed any sign of anything going on in it. Had I accidentally been sent to Isolation? A door opened from the other side and Dr. Wells walked out. She smiled a perky smile at me and walked to where a pedestal was and placed a box on top of it and walked back across the room. She was so confident. She tried to look calm and reserved, but I could tell she could barely contain her excitement and pride from the last test, hoping the results from that would provide the same outcome.

"This test is easy. Go to the pedestal, open the box and use what's inside to make your decision." I nodded and walked up to the pedestal and opened the box. I saw the gun. It was a little hand gun. I spotted the piece of paper. It was worded like an easy riddle.

"Well, that's easy.: I lifted the gun and looked her straight in the eye as best I could. When I shot her, she fell backwards. Her eyes wide. An alarm went off and the gun was out of my hand, onto the floor as Guards came to take me back. I would later get transferred to Maximum.