☹ You're Self-Conscious

Your POV

Walking towards my mirror, the small smile that Patrick had previously planted on my face disappears. I always tried to spread body positivity amongst my friends, but I couldn't deny that I was unhappy with my own. My tummy never seemed to bother Patrick but it still didn't change that fact that I looked nothing like those models.

"Hey, look what I found!" Patrick's voice rings out behind me. I pull my shirt back down, glancing up at Patrick in my reflection. "Forgot that I left this cool lighter in your room... whatcha doing, babe?"

"Nothing," I reply, trying hard to avoid his gaze by not turning around. He chucks the lighter onto my bed and walks up behind me until his chest is pressing against my back. I shiver when his slender fingers grip my hips before making their way around the front of my shirt and lifting it slightly.

"Why do you always do that?"

"I don't know what you're referring to," I deny, trying weakly to push his fingers away.

"Staring at your body in the mirror. Why do you always do that?" His deep voice whispers into my ear, his eyes peering into mine through the mirror.

"Cause I like to see what I want to change," I answer honestly. His face contorts with disbelief.

"You don't need to change anything, Y/N". I sigh and again try to move out of his firm grip but he holds me in place tightly.

"I just don't like my body, okay? I don't like it".

Patrick's confused face turns into an innocent smile, his voice small and for once slightly nervous, "well I love it". His words make me grin and I'm able to turn towards him.

"Are you blushing, Pat?" I note, placing my hands on either side of his face

"Nah, that stuffs for kiddies," he mumbles, this time pushing my hands away. I giggle, trying to pull his face in my direction again.

"Stop hiding your face!" I tease, pulling him into a kiss from the back of his neck. "I love you," I mumble against his lips.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too- all of you," he says, resting his head on my shoulder.