Chapter 1 - The Funeral

There are always things that people believe will never happen to them as they live through life. Like wearing a helmet when biking, the chances of you ever injuring oneself is slim, why wear it when it'll never happen?

Death. One of the things people never expect them or those they're close to the experience. It'll happen one day by why do so many doubt it'll happen even sooner than expected?

Never had Mimi Hirogori ever thought she'd need to wear a helmet when biking, it was stupid.

Just overthinking.

Never had Mimi Hirogori thought she'd be attending her own older sister's funeral.

Life itself began to pass through little Mimi's head. The memories they shared, the words they have spoken to one another. All gone.

Young, and beautiful. A smile that outshone everything showing nothing but pure innocent feelings. Born from a wealthy family, she was neither greedy nor spoiled, she truly was a blessing.

Hard working and caring towards others, she lived a very comfortable, warm life, with love given to her in every direction.

Engaged, soon to wed she couldn't be more than cheerful. It seemed that everything she loved and dreamed of was handed to her on a golden platter.

Who would have thought such a beautiful, happy person was now laying lifelessly in a golden white coffin.

Now attending the funeral of the beloved girl, many couldn't help but find it unfortunate for such a young woman to pass away so soon.

Eighteen, far too young to be dead. The prime of her life. The age of experiencing youth, love, success, and failures.

She never really had the chance.

Her friends. From middle school in their third year in high school, they shared wonderful, glorious moments together, promising to join the same colleges together, creating their dream business.

Gone, all of it is gone.

Set up in a large garden in the back of the family's large mansion, the smell of soft fragrant roses roamed the air. She would have loved to have seen them.

However, Mimi couldn't focus on any of that. How could she when the only person she ever loved and trusted was now gone?

Every word, every sound was left unheard by her. She couldn't hear the priest giving his prayers to her sister, she couldn't see the grieved expressions of her sister's loved ones.

The serious look on her fathers went unnoticed by her, his eyes becoming colder as he stared at the coffin.

May Emily Hirogori rest in peace.