Old Together

Hi Lena,

     I haven't seen you for awhile. We would have been married for 60 years soon. Tomorrow is actually our anniversary. August 6th. I really miss you.
     I remember the exact moment we fell into each other's hearts. When we were 24 and I walked into your office to interview you. But neither of us knew we would be each other's one true love.
     We had been through so much together! Adopting Lexa, Astra, and Max. Gaining beautiful grandchildren! And I got to do this all with you!
      Do you remember our wedding day? I remember your wedding dress. The beautiful snow white, knee lengthed, sleeveless dress. Fitting your body like it was sewn around you, matching to the millimetre. The blue and green rings we picked out together.
    How about how you recreated from my memories, Krypton. Both of us walking in our minds together across the terrain of my planet as Rao set across the hill sides. I got to show you my home. And as we went on, you became my home.
     I love you so much Lena, the true reason my mom put me in that pod so many years ago, was fate. Fate sent me to Earth, to the Danvers family and to you. Lena you are my everything.
     So, once again I write you this letter. I love you Lena. I will see you again when I see Rao.

I reread my letter as I fold it into 4 and place it in the box on the side of the head stone labelled,

Lena Luthor-Danvers
Beloved Mother, and Wife

"We will meet again in Red. Rao and God together."

And I walk away again, for the 6th time. We don't know how long I will live, how many more years I will have to live without Lena. But I'll continue to love her until the day I die.

I do not fear that day. That is the day I get to see my love again.