3 Years Later

3RD PERSON POV

Sana and Tzuyu walked hand in hand down the lit street getting greeted by plenty of people who appreciated their sacrifice for the world. Yes, their work was highly recognized. Kyung had been a convict on the run for years now, he was going to be on death roll the second he was found and so no penalties came to the girls who had killed him.

Kyung had been a researcher for Vampire Medical Research. In his work he discovered all the things that drove him to madness for power. He had even formed fake vampire venom to turn him into a fanged man himself. He was a genius and it all went to waste once he got hungry for more.

The authorities had been hunting him for years now and when the girls managed to put an end to his hysteria they were praised. The media went crazy for the girls and Chaeyoung even had a public memorial for her. They were famous and it hadn't died down yet, even more so since everyone was freaking about how they were all in couples and how pretty they all were.

Many people were fascinated by the hunters gone hemaphiles and it the former hunter gladly relayed their stories and even managed to disband the hunter group. Their parents took it hard, but they were proud of their kids for stepping up.

As for the girls themselves... They were getting along okay. Sometimes Dahyun would wake up in the middle of the night screaming because she felt like she was getting burned by Concentrated UV, or Sana would sob in her sleep mumbling about the blood. When the girls were awake and in public they didn't show these sides at all, and Mina... Maybe it's better not to say.

Particularly for Sana and Tzuyu, they had adopted the couple name, "SaTzu" and were walking around for a date. They finally had the time and energy to act like a couple although people have them weird looks all the time when Tzuyu got hungry and just latched onto Sana's neck like a child, not that Sana really minded.

"What do you wanna eat, Love?" Tzuyu asked politely as they looked at the menu in the cafe.

Sana, technically still being half-human, could eat human food so it was okay for them to come to a cafe like this. For Tzuyu, in the past year, vampire menu's had been increasing in size. Researchers had figured out how to safely flavor blood products and infuse blood into other foods to make them vampire healthy. Even more so, hemaphiles like Sana could eat these items as well if they wanted.

"Uh... I'll take a raspberry yogurt smoothie and a choco blood cake to share with you." Sana replied.

"Lovely. We'll take what she just said and I would like to try the blood infused lemon iced tea." Tzuyu said.

It was quiet in this cafe and perfect for the couple who just wanted some peace in their lives. They sat together and laughed as they spoke about their days and dumb things they did. They held hands the entire time and Sana couldn't stop laughing after Tzuyu tasted lemon flavor for the first time today.

Sana remembered when Tzuyu first tried cookies and cream ice cream last year and how now she won't stop eating it. It was nice to think about these things especially since most of the time her thoughts were clouded with the past.

Sana didn't realize how deep she had fallen into thought about ice cream and Tzuyu until she felt a spot pair of lips on hers.

"EARTH TO SQUIRREL???" Tzuyu said pulling away, "You know for someone who has vampiric hearing you're really bad at hearing things."

Tzuyu chuckled lightly when Sana's cheeks flushed red.

"Our food is here, Love." Tzuyu said sweetly.

Sana looked down and saw a glorious picture of items that would rest so well in her grumbling stomach.

"OHYO OHYO. LETS EAT!!" Sana exclaimed in joy, happily sipping her drink and taking a bite of the cake.

Tzuyu smiled at the girl, and Tzuyu fell into her own thoughts. About her lost sister, about the blood, about the screams... About the lives she couldn't save. It would be overwhelming for someone who wasn't Tzuyu, but Tzuyu thought like this daily. It was no longer something extraordinary, but something painfully regular.

"Hey Tzuyu, should we go visit Mina?" Sana asked quietly.

Mina had become a sensitive topic and she had stayed that way. Although most people don't think about it, Mina was a hemaphile without a blood-link. She was the monster of legends and not even Sana could get her out of it. Mina was barely holding on and sometimes she wasn't.

"I'm pretty sure Momo and Dahyun are going today, you know how she gets when too many people come see her..." Tzuyu said.

"Yeah... Right... Maybe tomorrow?" Sana asked, missing her sister.

"Yeah we'll go tomorrow." Tzuyu smiled at her love and she smiled back.

This was how the days usually were. Tzuyu would miss Chaeyoung desperately and Sana would long to have Mina back. They knew how each other felt, but the rest of the world did not. No one could.

"Nayeon and Jeongyeon are getting married soon, we're going to the wedding right?" Sana asked.

"I'm pretty sure I was the first to RSVP, don't worry about it." Tzuyu said.

"OKAY. I'LL BELIEVER YOU." Sana said, suddenly taking a huge sip of her drink, and nearly choking on it.

"SANA. WHY ARE YOU DRINKING SO FAST?!" Tzuyu asked, "ARE YOU ON YOUR THIRST OR SOMETHING?!"

Oh yeah. Another thing. In the years, research on hemaphiles had increased and it was discovered that hemaphiles had a certain week every two months where they needed to be supplied with their blood-links blood, or immense amounts of other liquids. It's called a thirst.

"YES I AM." Sana said, drinking even faster, making a pretty odd face in the process.

"YOUR BLOOD-LINK IS LITERALLY IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU COULD HAVE ASKED-" Tzuyu just stopped talking and facepalmed when Sana took her drink as well.

"YEAH BUT. THIS IS A PUBLIC SETTING." Sana said.

"SO WHAT?!" Tzuyu said, "By the way... I have BTS concert--

"TICKETS?! YOU HAVE TICKETS?!" Sana said, half spitting out the drink that was in her mouth.

"--VIP Passes..." Tzuyu finished.

The squirrel jumped up in joy and almost began zooming around the cafe but thank God Tzuyu sat her back down. Sana and Momo together had become very large BTS fans, especially after Suga came out as a vampire with Jin and J-Hope. Then the two sisters went crazy and Dahyun and Tzuyu spent 70% of their money on BTS merchandise. It was almost normal.

In the end it was just the girls trying everything possible to feel like people again, but the toll of the hero would never go away. They were forever getting drained of energy and they only fell deeper into their emotions.

But...

At least they had each other.