32

"this is why i don't let you touch even a bottle of alcohol." jungkook grunted, walking back and forth - his eyes still pinning on you and you squirmed in your seat uncomfortably. at last, you and jungkook managed to get into the small motel that he had booked.

"can i ask something though?" you finally spoke and jungkook stopped, squinted his eyes at you. "what?" you cleared your voice before saying, "why did you chose this r - rundown place?"

jungkook had a frown landing on his face. his brows drawing above his eyes. "just because. the air is nicer here." jungkook sauntered across the room before standing near the window. you could see the nice view filled with greenery but you hated the fact that it was scorching hot outside.

a second later, you heard jungkook's phone beeping from his pocket pants. jungkook fumbled his hand inside jeans pocket before fishing out the phone. you saw jungkook's expression slowly distorting into an unreadable ones. you couldn't comprehend what it was but it looks as if he was lonely or mourning inside.

"what's wrong, jungkook?" you tried calling out for him but his eyes were glued to his phone screen. "jungkook?" you called him again but to no response. after a few moments, he finally diverted his gazes off. a suddenly look of concern written on his face as he shoved his phone in his pocket.

just like that, he ran across the room once more to exit the room but you successfully stopped him by calling his name. "jungkook!" you shouted, as if he was ten metres away from you. jungkook discontinued his steps before turning around to face you. his hand won't leaves the doorknob.

"what?" jungkook deadpanned, sounding irritated. you were taken aback but insisted on asking him further. "where are you going?" you asked, furrowing your brows.

"don't worry. I'll be back soon. I have to meet up with someone." jungkook talked quite fast, as if to end the conversation faster - but little did he know, you were getting more curious.

"is it... a man or a woman..?" you asked hesitantly. you knew you sounded idle and bold but as a wife, you thought that it was fine. but you weren't expecting the answer he was going to give you next.

"a woman."

a/n: sounds cliche asf right? dw cuz it won't be - lol ofc it's going to be cliche! I'm good at making cliche things :)