Chapter 3

Alessandro

I stormed out of the office and my shoulder violently budged past Leon  on the way. The man at the door swiftly moved out of my way with shock widened his eyes. Rage was an understatement of what I was feeling. I couldn't believe that he would take in someone without my permission. And not just anybody; a random woman that he found on the street.

My breathing was heavy with anger as I walked through the hallways to the main living-area. There were a few workers and maids surrounding the supposed woman but I couldn't see her properly. Just the shadow of her figure laying on one of the couches.

"Sir..." One of the maids whimpered at the sight of me. She was clearly fearful of what I may do. "Would you like me to take this woman to-"

"I don't want any of you to touch her." I spat in their direction. "In fact, I want her out."

They looked shocked at my sudden reaction. Leon must have given off the impression that I was okay with her staying with me.... but I wasn't.

I mean, I didn't even know who the woman was and he wanted me to take her into my home. F*ck that.

"I don't understand..." The same maid spoke. Her face was almost pale with horror. My tone must have affected her. But her oblivious response only made the fire inside of me burn more.

"You don't understand what, exactly?" I barked at her aggressively. "I want the woman out of the Estate. I want her out! Is that too much to understand?"

The maid shook her head violently, causing her brown hair to fall out of the perfectly structured up-do that she had previously. "No, Sir... I'll... I'll take her out immediately."

The woman hadn't woken through all the commotion and that told me that she must be pretty tired. Clearly hadn't slept properly in a while.

Just when I was starting to calm myself down, his obnoxious voice came from behind me. "I want her to stay."

Rosie was standing closely beside Leon with a concerned expression on her face, her eyes drifting towards the figure of the woman.

"Well I don't, and you should have asked me before taking a random woman in." I barked at him again. "Are you f*cking crazy?"

"Calm down." Rosie hushed with her long finger waving at me. My eyes narrowed at her. "Arianna is sleeping; you're going to wake her."

My face softened slightly at the reminder.

"It's dangerous out there, Alessandro." Leon protested. "Anything could happen to someone like her... a vulnerable woman. Do you have any compassion whatsoever?"

The statement made my heart grow tight with realisation of how I was acting.

Compassion. It was the one thing that once flowed through me... until the event happened. From that night on, I swore that I would hide my kindness away and never let it surface again. And people never commented on the change because they knew that it was just the way I was adapting to the new lifestyle without her. But sometimes the truth would come out... and it would slap me right in the face.

Rosie was clearly seeing my distress and her eyebrows knitted together. "It'll only be temporary." She told me with her arm laying on mine. "I'll see if I can find her some kind of shelter and then she'll be on her way.... not causing you any more troubles."

I huffed in the most annoyed way possible. The war that was currently taking place in my head took away all my energy; I simply couldn't argue anymore. "Fine!" I agreed with a raised eyebrow. "But I want her out as soon as possible. And I mean that."