FIFTEEN

- Carl's POV -

Goddayumn.

Boss was out with a really angry chickadee wasn't he.

Carl was confuzzled. He was just tryna do his job 'n all he got was a real good scoldin' from a lady who couldn't control her temper.

His girlfriend, Delia, rolled her eyes when she heard his complainin' 'n simply said, "Don't worry about it, Carl. I bet she was just annoyed."

"I didn't mean ta interrupt Alex's dinner with that lady," he continued rantin', "I was just tryna do ma job. Is that so bad?"

Delia sighed, looking a little irritated. "Just calm down, Carl. It's okay. I doubt he's going to be angry. Now, when will you pay attention to me?"

Carl sighed. "I'm sorry, darlin'." He hugged her 'n said, "you wanna go out ta eat dinner w'me? We can go ta that really nice place that opened up last week? Avonlea?"

"No," Delia sulked, "that place is so cheap. Let's go to Lumiere's."

"Dayum cowgirl," he whistled, "that place is expensive. I can afford it 'n all, but isn't that a bit too much?"

She glared at him. "Fine. Let's go to the cheap hotel that probably serves burgers and coke. I'm so excited. Yipee. Can't wait for the romance to begin."

"Aw now baby girl," Carl said, pullin' her real close, "Don't be like that. C'mon, then. I'll take you ta that French dump."

She brightened up. "There's the Carl I know and love."

He sighed, honestly a lil' tired, but smiled at his girlfriend anyway. "Sure, darlin'."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .