Chapter 17, Getting chased

Owen kisses me

Owen kisses me.

My mind is too slurry to even realize it the first two seconds. When I do realize this very definite fact, my first thought is that this guy is a pretty good kisser. The few boys I've kissed were nothing memorable.

But then I think about how this is only happening because he has a bet with Blake that he can get me to confess my love for him or something. He's using you, Amber, my voice of reason says. The drinking game. The laughter. The dancing. It's all part of his plan.

Even while drunk, my voice of reason is still making sense.

I pull away.

"I'm not stupid," I whisper.

For a moment I almost believe the guilty look Owen has, but then I remind myself why he's even paying me attention in the first place. 

"Well, that confirms the fake boyfriend," I hear someone say.

I turn to find Blake standing at the end of the hallway. He's in his usual leather jacket and black jeans. Male-dominance is leaking from him like he's a boyfriend that just caught his girlfriend cheating on him. 

Considering that the only time we even came close to a 'date' was when he kidnapped me, I'd say he's being ridiculous.

Owen turns back to me with disbelief etched onto his face, but I don't feel guilty for lying about having a boyfriend. I just feel ashamed that they've found out. Stupid smart people!

"You can't be here! This is the East-side, Bowmen," Owen over here slurs when he looks back at Blake. Looks like someone is finally losing the drinking deal. (Even though I'm not all too stable myself.)

"It'll all be my side soon enough," Blake shoots back and starts walking towards us. They don't know that I know about the bet so Blake's sentence is telling me a lot more than he thinks.

Ha! Like I'd fall for someone like him!

"You want another fight; is that it?" Owen asks. He steps in front of me and that gets Blake to walk over even faster.