004

Paxton Flynn

"It was a nightmare!" I wailed face palming.

"I know. I saw everything." Landon said giving me what is supposed to be a helpful pat. "You couldn't just shut up."

"Is it more worse than  me being stuck with Pamela Austin?" Ryder asked looking like she's gonna puke.

Landon and I shared a look before answering together. "Yes!"

"Oh." Ryder said and I mentally face palmed. "It's not that bad. You guys could become friends, you know. It takes time."

"Um, Ry, have you met Sebastian Crown?" Landon asked raising a brow.

"Y-yea when I was going into the Clinic and he was coming out." She said flipping her hair proudly.

Landon rolled his eyes, "I've been on the team with him and we've never said anything to each other. For three months. And don't say I don't try. I say hi to him everyday, he ignores it. I compliment him and he replies —"

"— I know." He and I complete then high fived each other.

"Tch whatever Pax gonna be the one to get him to be friends. If anyone can do it, its Pax." Ryder says quite confident.

"This Pax?" Landon asks laughing. I shove him and turn to Ryder.

"Thanks for that bestie but I seriously can't. I'm a mess around him and even I don't want to be friends with him."

"You mean you don't want to be just friends with him." She corrected and I blushed looking away. "Pax can do it."

"Ok let's get down to business then." Landon says bringing forth his pinky for a bet. "A 100."

"A 100?" Ryder asked taken aback by the amount to money, she surely couldn't afford. I looked at Landon wondering where his brain ran off to.

"Yeah Pax can do it so, a 100." Landon said smirking.

Ryder looked at me sighed and looked back at Landon. "When they shake hands and smile before exams, you pay up. When I don't, I will."

"Deal." They linked Pinkys and shook hands.

"I can't believe you guys just made a bet on me, in front of me." I say running a hand through my hair. "I'm going home. Bye.

"Bye Pax." They both said and we all separated. I walked to the bicycle section under the tree, Landon walked to his car and Ryder made her way over to the bus.

What a day.

-*-*-*-

"I'm home." I shout removing my backpack as I entered our warm abode that smelled like the woods and food.

"Oh how lovely Paxton, should I pop a cannon in celebration?" Percy asked coming out of the kitchen and faking an accent.

My junior brother Percy Flynn, named after the great Percy Jackson and just because of that he sees himself as a god. Yep, my annoying little brother is as stuck up as the lead cheerleader in every Cliché book and did I mention annoying?

"Shut up," I say shoving pass him. He laughs following me into the kitchen.

"I don't see the need to announce your arrival every time you come home. Its pointless, childish and nobody does that anymore."

"I do." I see my dad bent down to remove something from the oven. "Hey Dad."

He looks up and smiles when he sees me. "Hey, how you doing?"