Part I Chapter 11 - Troublemaker

***Lynett***

"Friend...?"

In front of me, there is a dumbfounded Goddess.

"Yeah. Friend." I repeated.

"Isn't it... that super cheesy concept humans invented...?" Yoko asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Well, that's an interesting way of seeing things, but yeah, I guess."

Her forehead frowned, her eyes full of suspicion, she kept looking at me without saying anything. I think she was trying to find ulterior motives in my request.

"What are you so suspicious about? I just want a friend." I told her. "I hate to say this, but I'm not really good at socializing. The maids and the butlers are really nice at the mansion, but in the end, they're still servants. They are under contract. Besides, if it's you, I'd have nothing to hide. You understand my point?"

"Actually, I don't." Yoko responded. "Why would you want to hide anything? And did you just say 'maids'? 'Butlers'? Are you saying that you're living with the humans, right now?"

"Well, pretty much. Long story."

"I just don't understand... It doesn't make any sense. I think my head is going to explode at any moment... Actually, ever since I met you, nothing makes sense anymore. Your whole existence doesn't make sense..."

"Hum... That's kind of offensive, you know?" I said, with a slight tone of irritation.

"Whatever." She shrugged. "I'm done trying to understand. I'll be your friend. Not like if I had the choice, anyway. You did create me after all. I guess I owe you that much."

"I-Is that so...? Then I'll be in your care."

Yes!! First friend, GET!

It is quite different from what I have been imagining, but I guess this will do. Instead of being a cute girl, my first friend is an arrogant Goddess who is a thousand times older than me. Thinking about it, it is pretty awkward. I think we both thought the same thing, as we stared at each other blankly, without saying anything for a while.

"Right. By the way, how should I call you?" Yoko suddenly asked, breaking the silence. "We seem to have agreed that 'mom' is out of question. I can accept the fact that you're the Creator and my... Parent... but I still have my pride. And it's not like I can call you by your [Name] either. I mean, you are the Goddess of All Creations. That would be inappropriate and disrespectful."

"Is that so? Well then, Lynett or Lyni is fine. That's how I'm being called among humans." I answered.

"Lynett? Sounds like a mascot name." She said bluntly.

"D-Don't say that... I like it."

She shrugged. "No need to feel bad about it. Humans were never original when it comes to names."

"Is that supposed to cheer me up...? Yoko you... I should have called you Naruto or Swiper..."

"Naruto? What does it mean? Is it an insult or something?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not really..." I muttered.

She narrowed her eyes, clearly not believing me.

"Anyway... Returning to the main topic, who is the intruder?" I asked, immediately changing the subject. "How come you haven't gotten rid of him yet? If it's a Low God, it should be easy for you, right?"

"That's exactly the problem..." She sighed. "It's not a Low God. If he had been one, I would have killed him already."

"... You sure don't do things by half..." I said, as a forced smile appeared on my face.