#16 Day Dreamer [Part 2]

You stared at the ceiling, then the floor, trying to NOT imagine Poe- Commander Dameron- wearing nothing and tried to ignore the feeling of your mouth going completely dry in an instant. Why the kriffin' hell couldn't you be distracted for the one time in your life you wanted to be!

Poe glanced sideways at you and and broke out into a grin at your reaction to his words. He liked the way your cheeks turned a soft shade of pink, and how when you looked at the ceiling your head tilted back to bare your neck, and how when you looked at the floor your hair fell forwards to cover your face, and- he had to sidestep to avoid running into another person walking towards the two of you.

He stepped your way and pressed into your side in the small hallway to let the person by. He made sure not to let go of your arm. He was squeezing it pretty tightly, not wanting you to bleed too much. He was a little sorry about the bruise you might have, but he was really just trying to stem the flow of blood.

After Poe's comment about wearing nothing, you couldn't think of anything to say, so you just tried really hard to forget that he was even there. Which was practically impossible when he was gripping your wrist so tightly, and with how you kept catching him grinning at you from the corner of your eye.

Finally he broke the silence. "Are you still doing okay?" he asked tilting his head to see around your hair.

You nodded sheepishly, trying to force a smile onto your face. "Ya." you said, gritting your teeth. "It's just starting to hurt." you said, trying not to be whiny about it.

He probably deals with things like this all the time, and being a baby about it was probably a sure fire way to get him NOT to like you. That's usually how it works right? You've never really been in a situation like this before, cause you avoid people and all, but if you had to guess that's probably how you think this would work. Though maybe you were judging him to harshly, what if he is different than most people? But what if he's not?

"Here we are." Poe said, snapping you out of your thoughts. You head jerked up, surprised that you had suddenly appeared in the med bay. Poe gave you a weird look. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem a little dazed. Maybe too much blood loss?" He said concerned. You seemed a little out of it. Poe didn't want to leave you on your own if you weren't thinking straight.

You shook your head quickly, not wanting him to be worried, and also not wanting to tell him you have ADD.

That was always an awkward conversation. And what if he thought you were weird because of it. What if he might like you too, but when you say you have ADD he decides that he doesn't like you?

"Your doing it again. I'm gonna call a doctor." He started to lead you to a chair in the waiting room but you snapped out of it again.

"No I'm fine." you said. But he was pushing you into the chair.

"Sure you are." Poe was freaking out a little. He didn't actually know how long you had been bleeding before he had showed up to drag you to the med bay, and he had witnessed too many of his friends dying to ignore it when there was blood and zoning out at the same time. "Here." he said, moving your other hand to grip your own wrist. "Don't let go, I'll be back in half a second." He took off at a run to find a doctor or a nurse.

You called after him, "I really am-... fine" He was already gone.

How long was it going to take him to find a doctor? And more importantly, why was he so worried about you? And either he actually cared about you too, or he just couldn't ruin his reputation for being kind. You tended to lean towards the former option. People never have been your strong suit. But wouldn't it be so nice if they were? You would like totally have friends and go to the canteen with a big group of people. And maybe even have a boyfriend for once. Cause you've never actually tried that before. It was too emotionally draining. Though Andi had pushed you to go out on several occasions, it never really came to anything. You wouldn't mind it if Poe was your boyfriend though. He looked really kissable.