twenty-three

23

VIOLA ANONYMOUS

"YOU MADE THE MOVE, just call the kid

"YOU MADE THE MOVE, just call the kid. You're probably making him cry and now he's gonna eat ice cream and watch chick flicks." The small black phone falls on top of the open history textbook that Viola has sat in the crook of her crossed legs. Viola rolls her eyes, lifting her gaze from the heavy content and pursing her lips at the smirk on Genevieve's face. Her best friend stands at the foot of her bed, hands planted gently on her hips and a perfectly sculpted brow raised.

"You call him." Viola grumbles, shifting her gaze back to her notes. Genevieve rolls her eyes, falling back onto the white desk chair that sits opposite Viola, kicking her feet up onto the edge of the bed. "You came over to do homework, remember? Or did.you forget half way through Vogue?"

Viola gestures to the magazine that Genevieve lazily sifts through, stretching her legs out in front of her and knocking the book off her lap. She eyes the phone that sits on top of the textbook, drumming her fingers against her stomach before finally shoving the mobile off the end of the bed and onto the plush cream carpet of the ground, grumbling profanities under her breath.

"The phone's not gonna call him itself." Genevieve sings, keeping her eyes trained on whatever it is that's behind the pages of Vogue and lets out a small whistle. Viola sighs, crossing her arms lazily over her chest as she stares up at the ceiling.

"He doesn't want me to call him. He read my message and when someone reads your message they're not interested. It's basic science." Viola nibbles on her lower lip and stares in the direction of her best friend.

"Oh my God!" Genevieve smiles cheekily, a playful glint coating the sheen of her grey eyes. "You so want him to be interested!"

Viola's mouth falls open, "I never said that!"

As the last syllable falls from Viola's lips, a soft buzzing sounds from the other side of her bed. Viola's eyes widen and Genevieve smirks mischievously, scrambling off the desk chair and across Viola's bed. Viola squeals childishly, flailing her arms as she scurries to reach for Genevieve's t-shirt but instead grabs onto thin fucking air.

Genevieve lifts her arm, placing her palm against Viola's forehead as she places the mobile against her ear. "Viola's phone, this is eternal Goddess Genevieve speaking." Viola moans frustratingly, closing her eyes and falling back onto her bed, covering her face with both slim hands. Genevieve hums mockingly into the phone and Viola whimpers with embarrassment, straining to listen to whoever is on the receiving end.

"It's for you, lover boy awaits." Genevieve winks, holding Viola's prized possession in her outstretched hand. She groans, lifting herself onto an elbow as she holds out a hand, snatching the phone from her friend. Genevieve jumps in beside her ear and leans her head against her palm, smiling brightly as Viola timidly lifts the phone to her ear.

With a deep breath, she speaks. "Hey."