Sneak Peak of Dark Mates - Sequel of Vampire Mates

Dark Mates

Prologue

 Rosea

Dark Mates
Prologue

I never expected to see him again, to see that familiarly heart breaking face that broke me over and over again. I’ve trained myself day over day to not be bothered by others’ comments, only by my masters’ – Enoch and Seth, the monster.  I’ve trained myself not to fight against my orders, and to do everything I’m asked to, even if that meant killing me in the process. I’ve trained myself never to fall again.

Because, the last time I did, it didn't turn out good.

When things fall, they tend to break, or shatter. So would my heart if it falls again. So I built up walls of steel, coated my heart with silver, put an uncaring pretense and stopped being the weak, naïve and vulnerable girl named ‘Rosemarie Smith’ anymore.

No, I was Rosea.

Gone was the girl who believed in ‘happily ever after’s. Gone was the girl who believed in childish inventions like ‘true love’.

Gone was the girl that was stupidly in love with her best friend’s soul mate.

I made it my life mission to never ever think of him again, let alone see him.

But when Enoch gave me the mission, I had to agree – I couldn’t defy his orders, I'd sworn fealty to him: I was his- body, mind and soul - and he could kill me by a simple sentence. But I so badly didn’t want to see his face again. No, didn’t want him to see my face again.

So I kept myself hidden, out of his sight, planning his death secretly like the assistant of a magician. I drove the attention off me.

And I got my heart broken all over again.

===

Rosea isn’t girl she once was anymore. After 2 months away from the love of her life, she swore fealty to boss of all Dark Xlinx – Enoch.

Swearing fealty is a dangerous thing. It tends to make you a slave to someone. Your employer could kill you by a single command. You’d have to do everything he asks you to do, and please him.

So Rosea had to do everything he said. And when he ordered her to overthrow the throne of a kingdom, she had to do accept it as her duty, and if she didn’t finish it by the deadline, she was as good as dead.

But when Demetri came storming into the picture again, just like he already owned it, things get messy. Rosea found out about his dirty secret, and she gets the déjà vu feeling of hurt, heartbreak and betrayal.

So she faked a role, and things got out of control. She got closer with Demetri, with the identity of another person. She knew that she had to stop this game before Enoch could find out, but she couldn’t stay away from the addicting prince.

After all, he managed to bring out the Rose in Rosea.