chapter 1

*beep* *beep*

I slowly open my eyes, yawning while stretching my sore body, and sat up after closing my stupid alarm. I look at my clock and it's 7:00 am. I sigh, every morning life of line still is the same.

Sleep at 10, wake up at 7. If I'm not waking up on time mother would start lecturing about her life where she once had been a teenager like me.

I got up, walking into my bathroom, and do my morning routine. After like 35 minutes, I walk down to the kitchen and found mom sitting on a chair, making sandwiches while dad is talking with a brother about company stuff and so on which don't even really care about.

"Oh, Morning dear, come sit and eat your breakfast." mother chimes as once she saw me walking through the kitchen entrance.

"Morning mom." I smiled back.

"Morning sweetie." dad and brother greeted.

"Morning."

I sat on my usual seat which is across from my brother and eat breakfast that mother had made and like usual we chat, laughs, and jokes while having our breakfast.

===

"Hey, Ara." Greeted the two boys soon as I sat on my chair.

"Hey," I smiled, faking salute to them. "Where's Ashly?" I ask, looking everywhere for her silhouette.

"I'm here. Sorry, late." she apologizes, her heavy breaths can be heard and beads of sweat visible on her forehead.

"No worries. But, wait. Did you run?" I ask again.

"Can't you see I'm drenching in my sweats right now?" she pointed to her sweaty face, somewhat annoyed by my question.

I chuckled, nodding my head. "I can see that. I just need a confirmation." I teased.

She rolled her eyes and sat right next to me as our homeroom teacher came in.

===

"Hey, what's wrong?" Waves of worries surface, seeing Ashly who just sitting blankly and keep spacing out. Her vibes shut down, it felt weird not to see a silly Ashly like every day.

She snaps out and looks at us, demurely. Her green eyes look so dull. There is no happiness inside it.

"Hey, what's wrong? You okay?" jungkook repeated my sentence, holding her shoulder to regain her consciousness to us.

She lets out a heavy sigh, turning her head away. Neither did she tried making eye contact with us. Her finger fiddles together and I know instantly what happened.

"Do you want to tell us, ash?" I squeak. My hand sneaks on her hand, squeezing it a little to tell her that we always there whenever she's down.

She was a little hesitant at first but then, she turns to look at us. Her eyes filled with tears and I know she had been holding it in for days that she couldn't even hold it. The Ashly we know is a strong girl but seeing her in this state, broke my heart.

"My parents are divorcing,"

We have our lunch in the school basement and let just say it's our school's hideout place. Taehyung and Jungkook found it as they both often skip their classes. So no one heard our conversation as Ashley speaks.

About her parents, we couldn't do anything about it. I know I might sound like I'm a bad friend but it's the truth. We once had tried helping her parents going back together but it went useless. It doesn't end well like we thought it would be. The fighting amongst them that I had to watch that day was so horrible.

I saw her father choking his mother the moment after where she threw a vase towards her father. I couldn't believe they would be that aggressive.

Their happiness will only stay in a second and then continued bickering, shouting, hitting, and so on. I felt bad for her. How I wish I could help her parents being back together but we couldn't. We couldn't do it. Without hesitation I quickly pull her into my embrace, soothing her to calm down. I place a hand on her back before patting it slowly.

"I'm sorry to hear the news." I apologize.

"That's okay. I know you guys wanted to help me and I know they will end up getting fought again. There's nothing that could make my parents together again." she says, breaking the hug apart.

"Hey, look at me." Taehyung strides forward and takes a seat next to her.

"it's alright for them to divorce. I'm not trying to make it sounds bad to you but maybe it's their fate to go separate ways. People's hearts can change for reasons, you know. Like you, you used to like Dylan 'O'Brian before right, and then a year after that you moved on, after knowing I don't know what the reason is. You see, our hearts is what we live for. We love whoever we wanted to and we throw it whenever we didn't want them. I'm not saying to play with people's hearts but as I'm trying to tell you that our hearts can change for a reason. It's like your parents. They divorce because they didn't love each other. If you were in their shoes. Would you like to stay with someone you didn't even love? Will you willing to do it?" Taehying tried to reason. I see a point in him and saw her shaking her head, telling him no.

"See, even you didn't even want it but thought they're divorcing. That doesn't mean, they didn't love you. They did but only the love between them didn't work. We love you too Ash. Understood? Now smile for us. Give that jolly of yours to us!" He yelled, sending her the spirit she should have where she smiled back in return.

===

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" I yelled from the living room as I shut the front door.

"Oh, you're home honey? Great just in time. Go get your clothes to change into a pretty one. we have guests later on and don't forget to put some make-up on." mom smiles.

"Okay? I guess." I shrugged and went to my room.

UNEDITED

----------------------------
A/n: I know it somewhat boring but trust me the next few chaps will be getting more intense(maybe)
Follow me up on my youtube channel: Queen bun