12 | conspiracy to commit

When Bruce returned to Wayne Manor, he quickly realised it wasn't just himself and Alfred there. He came to this conclusion upon seeing a black velvet coat thrown over one of the chairs in the dining room, and it didn't look like something Alfred would wear. 

His eyes darted upwards and he noticed a figure leaning against the dark wall, although her face was concealed by the shadows, he knew who it was. 

"Diana," He started. 

She stepped away from the wall, and into the light, her heels clicking against the stone floor. "Bruce, what have you done?" 

He couldn't meet her gaze as he started to explain, "Last night, I went to one of Tony Stark's parties. He's a billionaire, and known to most of the world as 'Iron Man.' While I was there, I got- I had more than a few drinks." 

"What did you tell them? Those people?" She asked, frowning. 

He sighed deeply, "I saw Captain America, he fought in the second world war. He's a super soldier, he's been in ice for the last seventy-or so years, he's a war hero, an American symbol of hope." 

She nodded carefully, "I know who he is, I lived through the war too. I am aware of his past." 

"I saw him, and my brain was so messed up, Diana. So goddamn messed up that I thought for a second, that you were like him." 

Diana turned away, "You told the Avengers and a room full of billionaires that I'm a super soldier from the first world war." 

Bruce lowered his head, "I'm sorry for bringing you into this mess." 

"Is there any way that you can play this off as a drunken mistake?" 

He shook his head, "I told them your name, Di. They know who you are, and they want to meet you." 

She span around and placed one of her hands delicately on his shoulder, "We're going to get me out of your mess."