-Chapter 11-

Tempest

The sound of chirping birds is the first thing I hear upon waking up, along with a soft, rumbling snore. Feeling the arms wrapped around me from behind, I smile and gently try to pry my way out of my sleeping mates arms, my need to stretch outweighing the desire to stay still and enjoy the warmth.

I manage to free myself after some effort, and sit on the edge of the bed as I stretch, the soft popping of my neck and shoulders giving me relief. Looking around the quiet room, I take in the green walls and wood floor, the books left out on the desk and nightstand, some clothes scattered across the floor in small piles, and the printed pictures of our dates along with the souvenirs sitting on one of the bookshelves.

I smile, he's the sentimental type...I love it...

After we finished our talk last night about who we were, I just decided to stay the night at his place...in his bed...much to his intense delight. I wasn't completely sure whether keeping me safe or sleeping in the same bed was the strongest of the two reasons he was happy, but it doesn't matter, because I enjoyed it...and he definitely did.

I get up to stretch a little more, but I squeak at the feeling of being pulled back into the bed.

"Where do you think you're goin'  babydoll?"

Butch murmurs into my back, his breath tickling my bare skin revealed by my tank top.

"I was getting up..."

"No you're not...you're stayin' with me. I need my pillow to sleep..."

I giggle as he presses a lingering kiss to my shoulder blade, his groggy demands pretty cute.

"So...the big, bad wolf can't sleep without his pillow?"

He kisses the back of my neck this time, and I shiver at the sparks that erupt.

"Nope...you're my favorite pillow. So you need to stay..."

I pulls me even more flush against his chest, and I playfully squirm around in his arms, which only makes him tighten his hold on me.

"Come on Butch...we have to get up..."

He growls lowly, nuzzling into my shoulder.

"No...I'm the future Alpha, I do what I want..."

I laugh. "Future Alpha? More like a giant teddy bear."

A soft growl is the only warning I get before I get flipped onto my back, letting out a bit of squeak in surprise when I find myself looking up at a sexy, shirtless Butch, propping up on his forearms as he gazes down at me sleepily. Before last night I never had the privilege to see him without a shirt on...and I have to admit that it's an even better view than originally imagined it would be. Besides his arms, the only tattoo he has on his torso is a tribal flower over his heart, a toxic member of the nightshade family if I'm not mistaken. The chain on his neck hangs down onto my chest, the Alpha pendant cool against my skin.

"Teddy bear, huh?"

He murmurs as he leans down to press a deep kiss to my lips, his warm ones moving slowly against my own, lingering for a bit before he relaxes, his head resting over my heart as his arms curl behind my back.