Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter I

"Alright... This should do it!" The goddess claimed herself, as she stared down at her latest work. For this time, she tried a complete different style while crafting this cage, for some unknown reason. She thought that it was her desire to change something, do something which was not that ordinary. At least, for her. After all, it was not ordinary to craft cages as a hobby to begin with.

But no, it was not something which she thought it to be. It was something a lot different. There was a feeling in the depths of her heart that she was to have an experience which would change something for her. There was a feeling that she would finally meet someone after all this time.

She raised her gaze upon the kingdom she ruled, after she took a deep, exhausted breath. There was nothing to stare at. Just a plain which had numberless cages all over the place, some bright, some gigantic, some human-sized, some small. Upon them, there were little souls traveling, floating around while tossing at each other, but going on as if nothing had happened. This was not that unbeautiful of a scene, it was just too ordinary for her, since she has seen the same place, nearly unchanging, for hundreds of years. The only changes here were the number and design of her cages and maybe some altered decorations in her palace. And to think that she had been doing the same things over all these years, no one would be able to claim that they would not be irritated by some useless goddesses. 

I bet she is having fun right now, being pleased by all the praises and prayers she has been recieving by these mortals, the mortals who were afraid of me no matter the era, and all the love from the other gods. She did not know if it was fair or not for her to rule this kingdom of solitude, being abandoned all alone by the others. The only ones she could interract with were the dead, and they were neither talkative nor cute! 

The goddess stood up, and ordered some phantom servants of hers to take the cage to the garden of her palace, as she began to walk toward a hill. She then readied herself to climb up by streching her legs, arms, and waist. Then, the spear in her hand began to float as she climbed up, reaching to the top a little more step by step. 

She stood tall after she got onto the top, since it was the longest climb she ever had. She stared down at the floating souls with an expressionless face, as she sub-consciously took a mistaked step forward, and causing her to fall to the ground.

"Owie..." She scrubed her knee, which had a thin scar with a little of blood coming form it. She hated it. The pain. She never was considired weak, and surely she wasn't, but this all sharing-a-body was a bit new. Thanks to that goldie, now she needed a vessel for her to materialize, which was of bone and flesh. As a conclusion, she now was much more sensitive to physical impacts. Not that she disliked her vessel though, blonde hair with an outstanding beauty and figure. The divinity's gift, a pair of beautiful ruby eyes on a face that had a nearly unrivaled beauty. Not as comfortable as her true form, but not that bad either. 

As her wound got healed in an instant, she looked upon her castle on the top of a hill, thinking about returning to there. It was enough of playing, she had many things to do. All the new-coming souls to be judged, caged or punished if needed. It really was not easy nor fun, since she had been doing that for hundreds of years. It was even a bigger burden on her since she now had to share a body with a mortal. But regardless of the difficulty, it was her duty to do that, as the ruler of The Kingdom of Kur, as The Goddess of Death and Underworld, Ereshkigal. 

She streched her arms and legs before beginning to walk towards to her castle, being unaware of what the time yet to come had in its hands for her.

***

 He ran. He ran with all his might, without looking back for the others. If he were to slow down even for a mere moment, he knew he would get killed for sure. Stopping meant dying, as for that thing he ran from was like the embodiment of death itself, while slicing down every other guard with ease. He knew that if he were to survive, which was a slight possibility, those pair of steel-coloured eyes were to become the thing he would fear most for his lifetime. Just remembering those soulless eyes was enough to make him scream, that's why he bit his tounge many times not to let a sound out.