Close Encounters

Katrina's POV

We jumped. 

Probably not my best idea since there was a bug the size of a house shifting under ground.

But it was either that or be horribly crushed under a huge truck. 

Shitty choice against shitty choice. 

I pressed us all forward, sending our bodies dropping out of the spinning car of death, just before it crunch into the sand, completely recked. 

Cha said she could do it. 

I could feel the air pulling under us, weak but strong enough to slow our fall. 

But I knew we were too heavy, and we were falling way too fast. 

The air shoved against us, but we weren't slowing, not fast enough. 

And then it suddenly was as strong as the ground, holding us up better than fucking pavement. 

I turned to Cha, her hair in complete disarray, she still looked a little pale from my amazing driving skills, but her eyes were wide open, mouth dropped in shock as she looked out over at a figure hovering a little ways away from us. 

Thank the heavens for Vapor. 

I sighed, my body finally relaxing just slightly, "shit, I really thought we were going to die there for a -" I started only to be cut off as that fucking scorpion lurched into the air again. 

Its body coming right for the four of us, no doubt going to break some necks when it did land on our bodies. 

Vapor wind yank us hard. 

And guess who was standing on the very end. 

Diane, Ana, and Cha were jerked right, but I tipped backwards. 

Open air greeted my ass like welcome sign as I got bitch slapped by gravity. 

One breath. 

I took exactly one, before a strong force collided with my side and sent me spinning like a wheel through the air, before  crashing into the sand. 

And into a muscled chest. 

I peaked my eye open, sand in my eyelashes, my air, and even in my fucking mouth. 

But I couldn't even concentrate on that. 

My eyes were now locked with those golden shining orbs that seemed to always be watching me. 

I couldn't help the smile that flew across my lips, "nice. Fucking. Catch" I breathed out slowly as Blue glared down at me, like I had just melted his favorite nail filer. 

His trunk like arms wrapped tighter around me, as he looked down at me, that scowl that made him so fucking sexy, hard on his face. 

"Its a miracle your still fucking breathing" he groaned down at me, as growls and screams surrounded us. 

But every time its just me and him, the world just fucking stops spinning. 

I smile up brightly in his face, watching with glee as he winced away from my happiness, the sour bitch, "then you must be a miracle worker".

He rolled his eyes, "I am, you'd be six fucking feet under without me".

He's honestly not lying, "and with you?" I questioned lowly, watching his eyes settle on my face. 

His lips twitch as he smirks, "three feet. I'm planning on digging you a shallow grave".

"You bitc-" sand sprayed over us, sending us rolling as the ground trembled.