0.1

"Did you shave above the knee?"

My head painfully bangs against the bottom of the wooden table I'd been under for a solid three minutes in search for my shoe.

I move my body from underneath the table, running my now hurting scalp as I come eye to eye with my grandmother's scolding look.

"Of course not, Gram," I mumble out, the pain of my newfound injury taking over any sort of embarrassment the question could give me.

"Good. I don't want that new boss of your's to get any ideas with my sweet little granddaughter," she scoffs, making me smile at how protective she'd been my entire life.

I decide to opt out of responding seeing as the only thing that mattered to me in that current moment was finding my other shoe so I didn't have to go to my first job in a pair of converse, although I would prefer those over the classic black heels any day.

Knowing that I would be doing this the second I woke up, I had the smart idea of waking earlier than actually necessary. Two hours earlier really. It seems extreme, but in such a small three bedroom apartment, things cluttered up.

Three bedrooms seemed to be big, but really the sizes of our bedroom were the size of a walk in closet. But it was home nonetheless.

"Sweetie, did you look in your room?"

I frustratingly pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. "Yes, I did Gram. Twice." I groan out, already hating my morning more than anything.

"Well did you look in Thea's room?"

That was an idea that had hardly crossed my mind. And that was undeniably stupid of me. I walk through the living room and knock on her door ferociously, knowing that I'd have to wake her from her drunken sleep.

The door swings open and a disgusted looking Thea stands tall in the doorway with makeup smeared all over her face. She was a natural beauty, and I'd always been jealous of her looks. So it came as a surprise when she starting piling on the makeup just to have it smeared from various guys and drunken affairs.

"Do you have my shoe?" I ask, not in the mood to scold her for her Sunday night partying.

She steps aside, and I carefully walk into the disaster that was her room. Clothes were scattered everywhere, her undergarments out in the open, or what I can assume to be so considering how thin and tiny they were. Don't think I'm judging, but no one wants to walk into their baby sister's room to find such things openly displayed.

"Which ones?" She mumbles, rubbing her hand in her face tiredly before shuffling through her clothes in search for my missing heel.

"The black ones, I just bought them, Thea." I say, lifting up her clothes myself because I didn't have much time left and I still needed to finish getting ready.

She lifts up a shoe, and extends it out to me, "This one?" She asks, her voice deep and groggy.

I sigh in relief, taking the heel from her hand. "I'd kiss you but you smell like expired alcohol and vomit," I scrunch my nose in abhorrence before shaking her finger that I can only hope was at least a little clean.

"Yeah yeah, go to work so I can sleep you bitch," she groans, retracting her hand and tossing her body onto her beds, "That was a bad idea," she immediately says, cuddling up to the stuffed elephant I'd given her for her fifth birthday. I'd spent my entire allowance at the whopping age of eight just so she could have something to cuddle.