Chapter 39

Samantha's P.O.V

We all step out of the elevator and I clutch onto Shawn's arm.

"You okay?" He asks sensing my change I'm attitude.

"Yeah just a little terrified that's all." I laugh out of nervousness.

"Gotcha, so how about we don't go on the glass things and just stay on the carpet?"

"That's works, I don't get how they are just walking on it like it's fun. Well it's not gonna be fun when it breaks like wood. No pun intended because you know Mahogany is a type of wood and I'm gonna shut up now." I said realizing he was looking at me like I'm weird.

"You speak a lot when you're nervous don't you?" He asks while bringing me toward a the huge windows.

"Yeah, nervous tendencies. On another note, I will admit this is an amazing view."

"It definitely is, but guess what?"

"What?"

"You're more amazing." He smiles and I can't help but laugh.

"That's the cheesiest thing ever."

"Really? I'm pretty sure grilled cheese and pizza are cheesier."

"Nice comeback, that was good." We stared at the view for a little while before Mahogany insisted on a picture with me on the glass floor.

"No thanks, I'm good. You know here on the solid, not clear ground." I saying back up and leaning onto Shawn.

"No, come on. Just a few pictures."

"Fine, Shawn you're coming too." I drag him with us and I step in with Mahogany while closing my eyes.

"See, you are fine. now smile." Shawn laugh and holds up Mahogany's phone. we both smile normally then we do a weird face.

"Now one with me and Sammy." Mahogany switches places with Shawn and takes a picture with his phone. We smile and take a normal pick. I make a weird face after that one while looking up at him. I wasn't expecting what he did next though. He leaned down and kissed me for the picture, in public. We pull apart and I look at Mahogany.

"Wait, we need a pic with all five of us." I speak up.

"You're right." She looks around and grabs Jacob and Aaron. Then she looks for someone to take the picture. Her eyes land on a man in his mid-twenties.

"Excuse me sir, would you mind taking a picture for me and my friends?" She hands him her phone and Shawn's and he nods. She runs over and gets in frame. We take a few pictures on both phones and the guy returns them to us.

"I'm getting out of this death box." I announce while walking out of it and near the center of the room type area.

"Wanna go to the bean now?" Mahogany asks.

"Yeah, let's go." I grab onto Shawn's hand again and we go to the elevator. Once we get downstairs we go to the left which is where the phone told us, but we ended up back at the Sears tower after fifteen minutes.

"Really?" I ask.

"Maybe we should ask the people in the building where it is." I nod and she walks in and asks. When she walks out she smiles in an aggravated way.

"Apparently it's like right that way." She points and starts walking while laughing.

"Are you kidding me?" I laugh at how we walked the wrong way and it ended being like right here.

"Not at all, follow me." We all comply and we get there in a few minutes.

"Yay, I've always liked this thing." I smile and jump in excitement.