53. Talk Over A Drink

Hello Fam. I forgot to tell you about the cover. Some of you have felt that Manik is looking as an introvert. For them, spoiler alert. Maybe Manik has started reading books to impress Nandini? Think if it's possible? :P

This is one of the heavy chapters and longest one I have written. Please be patient. :)

Happy Reading...

Nandu's Cabin

After their little encounter with Manik, Abhimanyu was hell worried for Mukti. He felt helpless as he couldn't even call her, her mobile being with Manik. Seeing him lost, Nandu shook him a bit to bring him back.

Abhi(confused): huh?

Nandu(assured): Bhai, she will be fine. Manik gaya hai na. He will take care of her.

Abhi(scared): Nandu, I need to tell you something.

Nandu(sternly): Did you ruin something? Abhimanyu, tumne kuch kaha Mukti se?

Abhi(stammered): Not really but I don't know if I did something or not.

Seeing him stuttering badly, she hugged him.

Nandu(rubbing his back): Bhai, calm down. We will go home and talk, ok?

He nods. All their way to home, while Nandu was driving the car glancing Abhi from time to time, he was lost in his own thoughts with a constant frown on his forehead.

Malhotra house

Manik rushed to Mukti's room and found her sleeping with a frown. Caressing her hair softly, Manik placed a kiss on her forehead and left the room thinking to meet her after she wakes up.

Murthy house

Nandu hands a glass of water which Abhi gulps down in a go. They settle down on Nandu's bed. Taking his hand into hers, Nandu spoke.

Nandu(softly): Bhai, kya hua?

Abhi(scared): Nandu, I need to talk to Mukti.

Nandu(softly): Bhai, that's not an option now. But just tell me what exactly happened in your cabin. Mukti realized she forgot her mobile in your cabin and went searching for it but she didn't return back to me. And aap bol rahe ho, she never came to your cabin. According to Manik, she left the office crying. Bhai?

Abhi(whispered): Soha proposed me.

Nandu(shocked): What?

Abhi(restless): Yes, she thinks she is in love with me. I explained her everything about my relationship with Mukti and she understood too. But as you are saying, Mukti came back to my cabin, she might have overheard some of our conversations. Nandu, my relationship with Mukti depends upon how much she had heard. I don't know why she left crying. I am hell worried for her. And I can't even contact this girl.

He was ranting when Nandu hugged him tight and started rubbing his back.

Nandu(cooed): Bhai relax. Main hoon na. Aapne kuch galat nahi kiya na. You don't have to worry.

Breaking the hug,

Abhi(sighing in frustration): But Nandu you know right, how Mukti doesn't trust many people. I always try to protect her trust on me. But now..

Nandu(cupping his face): Bhai listen, we will explain her together. We will fight this together. I know you won't hurt her. I won't leave your side till I get my Bhabhi back.

Abhimanyu puts his head in Nandu's lap and she starts caressing his hair. Though she herself was hell worried for them, she knows she needs to be strong for her bhai.