20: Two to The Heart. One to The Head

Zeref walked closer to him, arm stretched out as he handed Natsu the cellphone.

The Don stared at the device with expectant eyes as he received it.

He better be hearing a good report from Rufus Lore. That was the only thing he needed, not a new set of problems.

"Speak," he said in his authoritative voice.

"Don, it's me. I have something crucial to report."

With that, Natsu was even more eager to know.

"I caught the Chinese Head talking on the phone yesterday."

"What did you find out?"

"He was discussing with someone," Rufus paused for a moment before he continued, "I understood that it was about Lucas."

By the mention of the name, Natsu's grip on the phone tightened. If he wasn't holding back, the gadget would have shattered into bits seconds ago.

"I have confirmed it," he said with conviction, "Everything was a collaboration. The Chinese Head was the one giving the order to kill the heir."

The Don straightened up as he breathed in a decent amount of air, trying to keep his calm together. Zeref and Jellal could tell he was struggling to do so.

"The name," Natsu sounded gruff, hinting his impatience, "Did you get the name of his contact?"

"Yes."

It sounded like good melody into his ear.

"Who?"

And Rufus gave him the answer he was looking for.

The name which he thought was part of his Family.

The name that brought him pain and cost a life of one loyal child.

"Yura."

Judging by the sound of silence that instantly spread across the office, and by Natsu's eyes turning narrow and lips tightening into a thin line, they knew...

The Don finally got the name of whoever it was that brought chaos into his House.

It was quiet and the atmosphere around him was growing heavier and heavier each second that passed.

He stood motionless, the phone still in his hand an inch away from his ear.

"Remember how the Nura clan was wiped out?" Natsu finally spoke, his voice firm.

"Of course," Rufus answered, remembering the bombing that took place four years ago, "You had their entire land buried in ashes."

"Do it again," the Don ordered without any sign of unwillingness, "Don't return until every inch of that Chinese hellhole turns into black charcoal."

Even Zeref was pleased with that order.

"Understood. With pleasure."

After that final word, Natsu ended the call. Placing the device on the desk table with a careless motion.

Now that he finally had the name of the one who supposedly killed his boy, there was only one thing left that was missing.

Wendy's murderer.

As if he remembered something very important -and yes, it was- his head jerked up, eyes filled with realization.

Natsu turned his head to face Zeref, the look on his face so eager.