[10] Conflict of Interest

Jimin was to remain at the palace for a whole week, with really no business at hand.

So Jin made Taehyung the primary entertainer and host, leaving the pair to spend every day together.

However, Tae already had daily plans, including swooning over a painter he had yet to make a move on.

But, the longer he spent with Jimin, the more he came to also enjoy the company of the shy, yet welcoming and kind Lord.

They were in the library after Jimin's welcome dinner, Taehyung stretched out on a sofa, playing with the necklace he wore while Jimin sat, legs crossed and leaning back into a large, soft chair.

"I suppose that if I was a bird the first thing I'd do is try and speak to see what sounds I could make," Jimin replied to Tae's odd question cheerfully.

He really did smile with his entire face, eyes wrinkling slightly at the ends.

"If I was a bird the first thing I would do is find a magician to change me back," Taehyung said with a laugh, quickly cut off by the chiming of the clock, signaling that it was 1 o' clock in the morning.

"Oh my god, I didn't realize what time it was," Jimin exclaimed, running his hand through his hair.

He seemed to do that a lot.

He jumped from his chair and bowed to Taehyung.

"It was lovely to meet you, and thank you for the wonderful evening," He said formally, followed by, "I will see you in the morning," turning as if he was dancing, and almost bouncing out of the room.

"JIMIN-AH," Tae yelled, practically waking up the entire palace.

Jimin looked back quickly.

"I'M GOING TO INTRODUCE YOU TO SOMEONE TOMORROW, OKAY?!"

"Geez Taehyung, you don't have to keep yelling, but okay," Jimin nodded, and headed to his room.

The next morning, Jungkook was slightly saddened by the entrance of another person with Tae, as he was hoping it would be just them again.

"Ah, Jungkook I apologize for my swift exit yesterday," Taehyung apologized, beginning to gesture to Jimin.

"Lord Park, I am pleased to make your acquaintance," Jungkook blurted before realizing he had cut Tae off before the introduction.

"Oh please, just Jimin if you don't mind," Jimin grinned.

Jungkook didn't mind calling him Jimin.

What he did mind was how close he was standing to Taehyung.

"And you are the famous artist of Jeon? I have seen some of your work, like the painting of the Prince a few weeks ago," Jimin murmured, studying the ballroom on the canvas Jungkook was currently recreating.

"Jeon Jungkook, at your service," Jungkook said, reaching out his hand and giving as large a smile as he could muster, making sure Tae noticed.

Taehyung noticed, quickly becoming jealous at the amount of contact Jungkook shared with Jimin.

"Jimin," Tae called, successfully separating him from the artist, "Welcome to the Ballroom," Tae spread his arms wide, twirling around in the center.

"If only we had music, we could practice dancing, hmm?" Jimin raised an eyebrow, throwing a glance at Taehyung.

Jungkook had to restrain himself from glaring at the Lord, as almost anything could get him jealous for Taehyung.

He was not successful in his restraint.

And Tae knew.

Taehyung was finally able to read Jungkook, because before now the only emotions he displayed were happiness and deadpan. But the jealousy on the artist's face made Taehyung giddy.

He decided to play it up a notch to get a rise out of Jungkook, and decided to push it farther.

"Jungkook has a wonderful singing voice Jimin-ah. I'm sure he wouldn't mind singing a little," Tae said, reaching out his hand and inviting Jimin to dance.

Jungkook, out of respect, agreed to do so, but he could not stand to see the two nobles with their arms wrapped around each other and swaying to the sound of his voice.

It made him furious even though he knew he had no right to Taehyung. If anything, Jimin had more of a claim than him.

These thoughts allowed him to keep from giving Jimin a lethal stare for the entirety of that day.

As soon as it was time for Jungkook to go back to the studio, he breathed a sigh of relief that that day was over.

Unfortunately, Jimin was with Tae every day that week, while Taehyung continued to 'flirt' with both Jimin and still Jungkook, making the younger wracked with untamable envy of Lord Park.

On the fifth day of this unbearable tension, Jungkook was unable to stay silent.

When Jimin left to prepare for lunch, Taehyung was surprised to feel a strong hand pulling him towards one of the small rooms just off the ballroom.

He was thrilled to see that it was exactly the person he wished.

Jungkook closed the door and glared at Taehyung.

It scared Tae a little, because he did not know how intimidating the painter could be.

"How can you go on like this?" Jungkook blurted, his right hand running up to nervously fiddle with his earring.

"You have constantly been showing affection to both myself and the Lord and I cannot bear it," he continued, to the inward delight of the royal.

He feigned surprise at the words of the younger.

"What exactly are you implying," Tae responded, making sure to make his voice smoother and deeper than normal, finally letting out the lust he had packed away for weeks.

"I....I want you to stop flirting with both the Lord and myself. I know you should show him interest, so I just ask you to stop showing interest with me if you have no intentions," Jungkook faltered at the start of his sentence because of the way Tae was approaching him.

"Tae...."

"Why do you think I've followed you around for weeks?"

His heart pounded as he slowly walked closer.

"Why do you think I've put on my best earrings and dressed so well every day?"

He put his hand on the wall behind Jungkook, leaning in closer, sensing no retreat from the younger.

"Do you really think that that was all in preparation for some Lord my parents want to set me up with?"

"Taehyung..." Jungkook breathed, his senses heightened by the contact Tae's hand made with his shoulder, sending tingling sensations through his entire body.

When Taehyung felt the warm breath from Jungkook's mouth, he could not refrain from closing the space between them.