Entry 14

11th June, XXXX

It has been three days since we have arrived at Coral Cliff. This island is as beautiful as what others said. The sapphire blue sea, the beach, the beautiful estates... No wonder this is a retreat paradise for nobles and the rich. The only misgiving is that it is troublesome to come here. First, one week of carriage ride to the pier and then taking a ferry to the island. The ferry only runs for twice a day. 

Tomorrow, Sebastian is going to leave. I still have no idea what business he had all the way here. He did disappear during our first two days here (or maybe I was busy settling down and arranging our trunks, I did not notice him).

Grand Duchess was eyeing him suspiciously during the entire trip (which was hilarious), but she was happy nevertheless. Because she could throw the two of us together. Grand Duchess stays true to being Mother and Queen Henrietta's friend. 

Sebastian invited me to walk around the town today. Invite as in "I heard the Coral Beach is an attraction here."

I went with him. This was going to be our last 'date'. I believe when I return, his plan will be near the end. Then our engagement will come to an end. He would no longer be my fiance. I am very satisfied our last date happened in this beautiful place. 

We first went to the town square where there are lots of different shops selling different sea-themed souvenirs and snacks. 

I was not really interested in the little trinkets, but the sea-themed desserts and snacks were quite my type. Sebastian bought every snack I laid my eyes on. 

If only he was this sweet when we were married. Would things have changed? 

At least I got some sweet memory to hang onto after our engagement ends. 

After eating to my stomach's content (I bought a box of chocolate for him in return), we went to the beach. 

We were walking side by side along the shore as the sun set. For some reason a sense of deja vu hit me. It seemed like this has happened before. But that is not possible, we had never been to the sea together aside from that time when we were small. 

"You don't like sandcastles now?" Sebastian asked.

Thinking back to the time when we were small, I smiled. 

"Of course I like them, I just don't know how to build them."

"True. What you built weren't castles but sand dunes." 

He seemed to be holding back a laughter. Did I build such bad sandcastles when I was eight? I knew it was not great, but I did not like being laughed at by Ice Prince Sebastian.  

"I don't believe you!" I squatted down and started to build a sandcastle. 

I failed. Quite hard. I don't think they could even be called sand dunes, just a lump of sand. 

I heard a faint chuckle. I looked up and saw Sebastian sitting next to me. He was looking at me, the sunset made his gaze looked warm and gentle. I glanced down at my 'castle' and let my hair hid my face. My eyes felt sore. Why did all my dreams come true when everything came to an end? All my pathetic romantic dreams that I had given up slowly and gradually when reality hit me in my previous life. 

I should be grateful I finally got what I wanted. Even though it might be late. But never mind, at least... at least I still have the memories. 

Sebastian started to stroke my hair gently.

"I'll leave before dawn tomorrow."

He does not need me to see him off. I don't even have that chance. Everything will end now.

"That seashell is charmed. It will draw unlimited water."

Seashell? He meant the pendant he gave me? Unlimited water? What use does it have when I can only control a drop of water?

"Fire can be put out with drops of water. And the simpler way is to pour the water in the pendant over a fire. The water from the pendant is unlimited."

"Oh right. Silly me." I laughed. How silly was I to get upset. There is always a simpler way. 

"You laughed," Sebastian said as if surprised.

That's when I realized I haven't laughed in a long time. 

A long long time. 

I gave him a smile in return.

"Aunt will take care of you." 

I looked at him and nodded. It's the end right? He will really be a good king. See he is caring for his soon to be ex-fiancee even now. He knows I'm afraid of fire, so he gave me a charmed pendant full of water. 

"I am sure I'll enjoy myself here. I like it here. Maybe I will just stay here from now on," I said while destroying my failed sandcastle. 

That's when Sebastian hugged me. "People will miss you if you stay here forever," he said in his usual emotionless tone.

Will you?

He pulled me up and before letting go of my hand he whispered, "Trust me." 

I looked towards the sinking sun. Tears stung my eyes. 

Good bye Sebastian. 

----------------

Author's note

Bye bye Sebastian XD Hope you like this chapter! A slightly more romantic (?) chapter! Coming up next: Secrets from Liana's previous life???

See you next time!