Chapter 70

Guys this chapter is the longest one I have ever written. Make sure you guys comment for my hard work. 

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}]]]

"Tell me, Gabriella. How did you really steal from Antonio?" He asked me. 

All of a sudden the feeling of tiredness was completely gone. I felt wide awake. My stomach dropped as a nervous feeling settled inside of me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him wearily. Almost like an instinct, I found myself sitting up. Christofer sighed as he too sat up. He turned on the lamp next to him. The dim light illuminated his handsome face, making it hard for me concentrate. 

He ran a hand through his messy hair and looked straight into my eyes, making my breath get caught in my throat. We were close. Too close. If I brought my head forward our heads would touch. Immediately my eyes trailed down his bare chest. 

I breathed out the second my eyes landed on his ribcage. The tattoo was still there. I was surprised, almost as if I was expecting for him to remove it. Strangely he didn't. 

"I want you to tell me how you stole from Antonio" He repeated his words, making me shut my eyes in fright. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down. 

"Chris, I thought he told you," I said. He shook his head. 

"He did. But I want to hear it from you, Gabriella. I need to know the full story. You didn't just steal the money for fun. You needed it for something." He said, making me take a deep breath. 

"Yes. I needed the money to survive, Chris" My tone turned defensive. My emotions were getting the best of me. I was letting my feelings for this man change me. And I couldn't afford losing myself. I couldn't afford to love anyone else, yet for him the fierce heartbreaker Gabriella was turning into a sleazy weak little girl. I wouldn't become that. 

"That's not what I asked, Gabriella. You know perfectly what I meant" He folded his arms against his chest, making me grit my teeth. 

"I am not going to have this conversation with you, Christofer. Let's leave it at that" I said defensively. A knowing look crossed his eyes he nodded. 

"Very well, then I'm going to have to talk to Antonio," He said. My eyes widened at his words and I felt my legs turn into jelly. If Chris talked to Antonio then-

"What do you mean? What would he know that you don't?" I asked him, trying to keep my emotions in check. A dark look crossed his eyes. 

"That is exactly what I am going to find out, Gabriella. He knows something that you are keeping. Isn't that true?" He asked me with a small smirk. I felt my heart stop inside my chest and I imagined my lifeless body falling to the ground.

"Chris" I breathed out in utter horror. He sensed my fear. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him. 

"I see the way you avoid him. You must be really afraid of your little secret flying out, aren't you?" He asked me sarcastically. My eyes filled with tears. 

"Chris you DON'T understand!" I raised my voice at him. Something flashed in his eyes. 

"What I did had to be done! And even if I have to spend the rest of my damn life in your basement I would still do it!" I shouted. 

"Antonio" I breathed out in anger. 

"That..that damn man is pure evil! He is a monster I tell you! I do not want to even breathe the same air as him and it has nothing to do with a secret!" I exclaimed. His expression darkened.