Chapter Twenty Four

*I hope you enjoy it! Please vote/comment/and fan!*

“The Daleks,” the Doctor said, standing up taller. I took a step behind the Doctor. I remembered them now. I remembered everything that the Doctor had told me about them.

Three Daleks were in front of us. They looked in pretty rough shape. “SCANNING!” one Dalek cried, as his blue eye looked over the Doctor and I. “I SCAN THREE TIME LORDS!” the Dalek cried out, in a voice that was like none I had ever heard before. “Three? Your scanner must be broken,” the Doctor laughed. “THE FEMALE CARRIES A SMALL TIME LORD IN HER!” the Dalek told the Doctor.

The Doctor quickly looked at me, his eyes hurt. “You’re pregnant?” he asked. I nodded, looking down. I couldn’t take the hurt in his eyes. It made the guilt rise into my throat.

The Doctor faced the Daleks, “Why are taking the power from this ship.” “OUR SHIP HAS BEEN DAMAGED!” the Dalek yelled out. “Your ship is so damaged that your taking power from a human ship,” I said, taking a step forward. The Dalek’s arm guns pointed at me, “STAND BACK TIME LORD!” they said. I took a step back. “It’s not her you want,” the Doctor said.

“WE WILL REBUILD THE DALEK EMPIRE!” another Dalek said. “The energy in this ship won’t get you anywhere, it’s a basic human spaceship,” the Doctor said. “WE WILL REBUILD THE DALEK EMPIRE!” the Dalek repeated. “Ok,” the Doctor said, taking a step closer to them. Their guns pointed to him “STAND BACK DOCTOR!” they yelled, starting to shake. “Your still scared of me,” he said, a smile playing on his face.

“How many of you are left?” the Doctor asked. “MANY ARE LEFT!” the Dalek cried out. A look of concern ran across the Doctor’s face. “But you’re stuck here,” he said, taking another step. “STAND BACK!” the Dalek repeated.

The door behind us opened and two people ran in with heavy machinery. They started to shoot at the Daleks who started to shoot back. The Doctor ran over to me getting me out of the room. “Shoot for the eyes!” The Doctor yelled, pulling me out into the hallway. “Go to the TARDIS,” he said, his voice harsh. “Doctor-” I started before he cut me off. “Now!” he yelled, his eyes full of anger. I turned running back to the TARDIS, as the Doctor stayed back to help.

I waited in the TARDIS for about ten minutes just sitting in a chair next to the controls waiting for the Doctor. I was nervous. I know that it hurt the Doctor that I didn’t tell him but the way he looked at me and the way he yelled scared me.

Suddenly the door opened and an angry Doctor walked in. “Doctor,” I said softly. “How long!?” he yelled, making me flinch. “What?” I asked. “How long have you kept being pregnant a secret from me!” he yelled, his face twisted in an anger that I’ve never seen in him. I looked down at the ground “Three months,” I said, trying to avoid his eyes.

“Three months! Why?! I should have known about this!” he yelled. I felt tears rising in my eyes. I hated this. “Stop yelling at me!” I yelled back, a tear falling down my face. His face softened for a second. “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you but if I did would you have let me continue to go on these adventures with you?!” I yelled back at him. “Of course not,” he said, lowering his voice from a yell to harsh angry tone. “That’s exactly why I did it! I wanted to travel and have fun with you for a little while longer before I had to be kept from doing what I love with the man I love!” I yelled.

“Violet, I want to keep you and our child safe!” he yelled. “If I don’t travel with you now, then when will I be able to? After our child is born I won’t be back traveling the stars with you right away,” I said.

“And besides, you’ve kept stuff from me too,” I said, looking up at him. His face had softened a little from when he walked in. He now looked more hurt instead of angry. “What have I kept from you?” he asked, his voice softening. “That you’ve been a father and a grandfather,” I said, avoiding his eyes again. But I could tell by the way he tensed that he was becoming angry again. “That was my past! I had the right to keep that to myself if I wanted to,” he said, anger entering his voice again.

“But why would you want to keep something from me?” I asked, more tears falling down my face. “Violet it’s not a subject I like to talk about,” he said, tears also filling his eyes.

“I’m sorry I’ve kept the baby a secret to you,” I said, looking at the ground. It hurt me to see the Doctor this hurt and knowing that I was the one to cause all this hurt. “I just need some time,” he said, walking down a hallway.

But when I went to our bedroom a few minutes later he wasn’t there. I took my pants off, and laid down in my big shirt. I pulled it up, gently rubbing my stomach. But even that couldn’t make me happy. I was hurt that I had hurt the Doctor that much and that he didn’t want to see me.

Tears fell down my cheeks until they finally put me to sleep.