19 | real life

xix

xix. boring things

Nancy woke up when she hit the floor, letting out a scream. Isabella instantly sat up to look down at her friend.

"What happened?" She asked Nancy.

"You pushed me off my bed, idiot" Nancy yelled.

"Yeah, well you're bed is hella tiny" Izzy groaned, lying back down.

"Do you even get laid on this bed? I assume it would be difficult" Izzy asked.

"Shut up" Nancy said.

"When was the last time you even got laid?" Izzy asked.

"Izzy really?" Nancy sighed.

"If you're waiting for Sebastian, I think you would have to actually tell him you like him" Izzy said.

"God, shut up Izzy!" Nancy exclaimed.

"Oh, can we not yell? Some of us are hungover here" Izzy said.

Nancy sighed, and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Can we go out for breakfast?" Izzy asked, changing the subject to not annoy her friend.

"It's 1 in the afternoon, Izzy" Nancy laughed, as she glanced at her clock.

"Uh and I have to babysit today" Nancy said, leaning her head on Izzy's stomach.

"I thought you liked babysitting and I'm still hungry though" Izzy said.

"Wanna go to the coffee house? I can ask if they'll make us a grilled cheese" Nancy asked.

"Ooo yes, I'll text if the guys wanna join" Izzy asked.

"Okay, I'll get changed" Nancy said, standing up

"Oh, what's wrong with babysitting again?" Izzy asked, typing on her phone.

When Izzy and Nancy got the coffee house, Chris and Sebastian were already sitting in their spot.

"Hey" Nancy smiled, sitting next to Chris on the purple sofa.

"Is someone hung over?" Nancy teased Chris.

"It was worth it, I beat all of you guys at karaoke" Chris mumbled.

"I don't know, Sebastian's rendition of Sherry by The Jersey boys was pure gold" Nancy said, making Chris chuckle.

"I ordered two grilled cheeses and two iced coffees for you already" Sebastian said.

"Thank god, I'm starving" Izzy replied.

"What's your plans for today?" Nancy asked, grabbing a cushion and leaning back.

"Well I haven't been in New York for a while so I was gonna get food, maybe shop. Just boring things" Chris said.

"I was going to go to the gym" Sebastian said.

"Wow, your lives seem so interesting" Izzy said, sarcasm dripping from her lips.

"Yeah, well what are you doing?" Sebastian asked.

"I've got to head into work in a hour" Izzy mumbled.

"Your life seems so interesting" Chris mimicked Izzy.

"Shut up" Izzy laughed.

"What about you?" Sebastian asked the brunette girl who had been quiet for a while.

"I'm babysitting my cousin" Nancy said.

"Ellie?" Sebastian asked.

"That's the one" Nancy replied.

"I guess our lives are just very boring" Chris said.

"Says you, Captain America" Izzy laughed.

The four of them enjoyed their food and light conversation. After a while Izzy left for work and Chris had left to shop, leaving Nancy and Sebastian together.

"I can help" Sebastian said.

"Huh?" Nancy asked, sipping her coffee.

"With babysitting, I'm not doing anything" Sebastian said.

"What about the gym?" Nancy asked.

"I can go anytime" Sebastian chuckled.

"You really wanna babysit with me?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, why not?" Sebastian said.