Chapter 23: Revelation

3rd pov:

For the next week, both distanced themselves from the rest of the group and avoided each other like the plague. None of the boys managed to grab a hold of them to talk things out. So the situation didn't get resolved but got worse and worse. Y/N only came home late and left very early in the morning, avoiding all interaction. She didn't look like herself anymore, all smiles were gone, the skin as pale as paper, the bags under her eyes purple. Taehyung tried to cheer her up, but she needed space and so he gave her space, observing worriedly from the distance how her state got worse and worse.

Sunday morning...

Taehyung came out of his room, his hair still messy from sleeping, when he saw a familiar figure go down the corridor. It was the first time he saw him since the incident. And he couldn't stop the anger from boiling up inside of him. He had hurt Y/N. He had hurt her so bad that she wasn't herself anymore. She was like a ghost from the past, not living, merely surviving. All of that because of him.

"Jimin," he called out, his voice was deep, stern. He could see his friend stiffen at the sound of his voice, stopping in his movement.

In a matter of a second, he had reached the raven-haired male and had gripped him by his collar, backing him against the wall. Taehyung wasn't a violent person, but his protectiveness triumphed over everything. Jimin looked at him with wide eyes before he pushed him off roughly. "Taehyung what the heck?!" he exclaimed in shock, attempting to push the male away who stood still like a rock.

"How could you?" Taehyung's eyes were cold as ice as he interrogated the man he had always seen as someone to look up to. "How could you hurt her?" his voice was void of any warmth or friendliness. "And with Minha?! Are you fu***ing kidding me?!" The younger hit the wall with his balled fist, making Jimin flinch slightly in place. 

He looked at Taehyung, completely confused, anger starting to build up inside of him. "What are you even talking about?! How are you angry at me right now?" Jimin dug his pointer finger into Taehyung's chest to emphasize his words. Taehyung rolled his eyes while the other talked, he was getting more and more annoyed. 

"How are YOU angry at me right now?! YOU are the one that kissed the girl I like!"

"You MADE OUT with f***ing Minha and Y/N SAW IT!

Both men shouted at each other only to encounter a dead silence right after their outburst. 

Realizing what the older had just said Taehyung clutched his hand to his forehead. "You saw us kiss?!" Jimin's eyes had grown wide as he had finally understood. "Shit," he breathed out, raking his fingers through his disheveled hair.