SEVENTEEN

Hi. This is going to be one long ass chapter - 3k words - because I think all of the scenes that I've included in this are meant to be together. Prepare yourselves.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- Alex's POV -

He woke up to the smell of eggs

He groggily opened his eyes. Glanced at the clock.

Nine in the morning.

He stood up, and walked like a zombie to the kitchen. He immediately remembered where he was.

Juliet must have changed or exercised in the morning. Dumbells were placed carefully next to the wall on one side, and a small towel was on one of the chairs at the kitchen counter.

Juliet was dressed in red sweat pants, and a dark gray sports bra. Her blonde hair was up in a neat ponytail, and music played somewhere. He saw a gramophone in the corner, and then realised that it was playing jazz music.

Juliet was gently swaying to the music and twirling with a wooden spoon in her hand, mouthing the words to lyrics when a swing song started playing.

Don't sit under the apple tree! With anyone else but me! With -

He pretended to be indifferent and yawned loudly, sitting at the chair at the counter. He stretched his arms over his head and then let out a breath.

Juliet had suddenly stopped dancing and blushed. "Oh. You're up."

"Would you prefer if I stayed asleep forever?"

She smiled cruelly at him. "Sure. Why not."

He rolled his eyes and said, "Are you making breakfast?"

"For me," she said, smiling sweetly. "You can make your own breakfast."

"I don't know how to cook," he replied.

She snorted. "Typical."

He glared at her. "Not all boys don't know how to cook, you know. If someone had taught me, then maybe I could be able to cook today."

She glanced at him and said, "Okay. You have a point."

"A point sharper than your wit," he said.

She scowled at him, and he wanted to smoothen it away. She looked more beautiful when she was smiling. But she also looked beautiful when she was scowling. She was always beautiful.

He blinked. No.

Juliet said, "I'll make some for you too, then." She put her breakfast onto a plate. "Do you want me to show you how?"

Alex nodded. "Yes." He stood up and went into the kitchen, standing behind Juliet awkwardly.

She chuckled. "Bring me two eggs, dumbarse."

"Oh. Right." He went to her fridge.

"Don't forget the butter!" She yelled.