Three • New

Dimitrius. Such a wonderful name for a gorgeous man. The whole ride to the palace was silent. He did not move nor did he talk at all.

When we arrived, I stepped outside of the vehicle and told him to get out too. Not that I cared but based on Dimitrius' actions, he didn't seem to be a well-trained slave.

Most of the slaves that come from auction places follow three simple rules. One, they don't look at their owner's eyes. Two, they don't do anything without permission. Three, they let their owner call them any name they want.

I am aware that throughout the whole ride, Dimitrius has stared at me twice as long as I took glances over his beautiful face. He also did not hesitate to sit in the car or tell me his name.

We both walked towards the gates and the sun was still out. Something that fascinated me, Dimitrius did not flinch when the rays of sunlight hit his skin. It was like nothing to him.

Mary greeted me as I walked past by her and glared at the vampire behind me. Even Katherine, my brother's vampire seem to know Dimitrius. Uneasiness spread through my whole body as other slaves stared at Dimitrius.

Finally, we reached our room and I realized that I do not have anything for Dimitrius. No clothes, food, or bed.

I looked at him not knowing what to do. The first thing that came up to my mind is the disgusting collar that was placed in his neck.

How did I not notice this earlier? From the looks of it, it was a vervain collar since it's leaving red burns on his neck but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"Come closer, I'll remove your collar." He came closer and his astonishing face was an inch away from mine.

I looked at the collar and undid it and leaving it to fall on the floor. "Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Because you don't deserve it." He shrugged off my answer and walked around my room. He touched the picture frames hanging on the wall and other furniture.

Another rule he broke. I don't really care but if I was any other human, he would be punished right now because he's touching things without permission.

"When was the last time you fed?" I asked. He told me, "Two nights ago."

Maybe that's probably why he looks a lot paler than other vampires that I've seen before. "I don't know much about vampires, do you drink from blood bags?" If he doesn't, well I'm screwed.

"Yes," he answered. I called for one of the servants to deliver a blood bag of Dimitrius' favored blood type. He chose O negative, my same blood type.

"You're too nice," he whispered. It's like everyone's compliment to me all the time. I'm too kind to bring the name 'Lowell.'

"You didn't do anything for me to be mean to you," I said. Someone knocked on my door and handed the blood bag.

I placed it down on my desk and I'm still quite impressed with his self-control when his eyes didn't even turn a to shade of red.

Then, I thought of a game. "I'll ask you questions and if you answer them, I'll give you a shot," I smiled. I want to get to know him and this is the only way I know.

"Okay," he said before sitting on the floor. I told him to sit on one of my furniture so he chose to sit on the sofa across of me.

"How old are you when you were turned?" He answered, 'twenty-two' so I gave him a shot of blood which he slowly drank.

"How long have you been in the auction place?" Then, he answered, "A day."

That's probably why he doesn't have any training but boy, I am happy for him. He had a freedom out of those walls and cages. I poured some more blood and gave it to him.

"What happened before they took you?"

"They did not."

His answer surprised me. If they did not take him, did he do it on purpose? "What do you mean?"

"They took my family, sold them, what's my purpose out there if I know that I have the same fate as they did?" He said.

Now, I'm taken off by his answer. Only if he knew what could happen after the coronation ceremony. I want to set them free, what did they even do to make humans act this way?

"How long have you been a vampire?"

"Very long." I gave him the rest of the blood bag and watched as he drank it like water. He may have answered my questions but a part of me doesn't want to believe him.

Something about Dimitrius seemed dark and dangerous. Does the fact that he doesn't even fear me should make me think about him the other way? Why do I have this feeling that he's much more than that beautiful face?

"Stay here, I'll get you some clothes," I said before leaving the room. Where would I get some clothes for him? Most slaves are naked but I don't want to rip his dignity from him.

I knocked on the servants' quarters and they all greeted me courteously. "What can I help you with, Princess Felicity?" A vampire servant asked.

"Continue what you're all doing, I just need some clothes for a male vampire, the one who was with me earlier," I explained.

The boy nodded before he went to get some clothes. There were about fifteen servants inside this quarter and they all look miserable.

"Three more days," I whispered and everyone looked at me. I did it on purpose since I know that they could hear me even if I whisper.

When the boy handed me the clothes, I thanked him before heading out. I went back to my room and handed the clothes to Dimitrius.

I only have to spend a couple of days with him before I let him go. I hope it wouldn't be too bad.