Before You Came

It was the day of the party, and Cory had woken up at 8:00 a.m. just for the occasion. That didn't mean she had gotten out of bed. She was almost too lazy in the mornings, but who could blame her. The sun likes to shine in your face, people seem almost too cheery and it was just to early in the morning.

She was doing that until about 11:30 a.m. when she finally got out of bed to go help her parents because she was bored. She ended up dusting, cleaning and re-arranging her little brother's play place.

It was about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and people were starting to come. It was getting a little noisy, so she was about to got to her room and wait for Viola there until the sound of a car pulling into the driveway, and then, a knock. 'Please let that be her.' Cory thought, holding her breath.

Sure enough, when she got to the door, Viola was standing right there with her mother. "Come in," she told them, finally not being the only 'child' there.

They came in, and a few words were exchanged before Viola's mother left. Soon they went downstairs. Cory had dubbed it her, "escape," mainly because her parents or other grown-up didn't go down there unless they had to.

Downstairs was her, "play-area," if you wanted to call it that. It was a little cold to people who weren't used to it, but her father kept the house between 60* and 62* F, so what did you expect? Her huskies stayed down there, and she had Wii and Wii U game consuls with some of her favorite kinds of games.

"What do you wanna play?"

Who knew that her whole world was soon gonna be shattered by one, simple phrase...

I'm so so so so SORRY! I got slammed with homework, and I didn't get around to doing this. I hope y'all forgive me. FINALS ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME. Have a good day/night.