7th Chapter ♣ Celeste Academy

A/N: Picture above is Orlando Bloom as Headmaster Kylon

"This world is united as one. One king, and five other noble Lords and Ladies governing their own lands."

CHAPTER SEVEN ♣ CELESTE ACADEMY

After the incident, Valeriana was taken for a tour of the academy. It was reasonable for Seraphina and Headmaster Kylon to tag along, but what she didn't understand was why the arrogant prick from earlier had to come as well. It wasn't at all pleasing to know he was somewhere near.

"I don't get why he should come along." Valeriana pointed at Corvan with a frown.

He made a sound to express his irritation. "I was heading this way until you knocked me down."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

The ground she was stepping on was made of concrete tiles and ended three steps away from her current position. It was replaced by patches of lush, green grass that was evenly trimmed. A marble and granite fountain stood in the middle of the area.

She let her eyes wander some more. There was also a long, curved sandy path ahead. Tall pillars stood in place of the wall.

"Welcome to the Alcantra Vileamis Academe."

"Huh?"

"Celeste Academy." Seraphina spoke.

People roamed wearing identical uniforms like any regular school. However, the gazes of the students were mainly focused on Seraphina, curious and mildly excited.

From a distance, she could hear the students gossiping. "Isn't that Celeste de la Rosellevienne?"

"Well," Headmaster Kylon started. "Since you're going to be staying here with us for the next eight years, I hope we get along."

"Er . . . sure thing, headmaster," she hesitantly replied.

"Good. Celeste Academy expects a lot from its students. You see, we have one objective. It is to mold the youth into soldiers that can fight demons." He released a troubled sigh at this. "It is such a shame though. A lot of our students either quit halfway or die so we often lack people to train. But we have a lot of willing recruits."

"Die?" Valeriana gulped.

"Mostly from training."

"Seriously?!"

Seraphina elbowed Kylon, eyeing him with disdain. "He jests. Do not believe his jokes."

The headmaster chuckled. "The eight years of education filters those truly worthy of graduating. Although we receive hundreds of willing learners during the early stages, most of them are removed by the end of the training."

Seraphina sighed, massaging the spot between her eyes. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"How important is it?"

"Somewhat."

"Then, Lord Corvan, I entrust the young lady to you. Tell her everything about the school and the entrance exam. Don't forget to lead her to the dormitories." He threw Corvan a key and it landed on the guy's hand with a jingle. He then flawlessly stepped aside and held out a hand for Seraphina to take. A soft smile dangled on his lips and his eyes glinted with mischievousness.

"What entrance exam?" she asked in panic.

"I'm sorry to leave you so soon." Seraphina whispered to Valeriana. "I need to arrange a few things, but I'll try to check up on you immediately afterwards."