Chapter 10. The Dangerous Lord

Elina's POV

Evan's gazes immediately shifted towards me. His bloodshot eyes made shivers crawl down my spine. But I didn't care. I stared at Maria's corpse. I was devasted by the sudden death. Just in the morning, she was giving that lovely smile of hers and now she was dead. Her corpse lying on the floor with that pierced marks just like my parents. And this all happened just because of him! The scenario of my parents' corpses lying on the ground played in my mind, repeatedly.

Why does this always happen? Why do the innocent have to pay for nothing?

I kept on cursing Lord Evan that I didn't even listen to him yelling. And when I looked up, he was standing right in front of me. His fangs clearly visible and his eyes bloodshot as if any moment he would suck all the blood out of me.

"What are you doing here?!" I gulped at his hoarse voice. I didn't reply and instead stared at Maria's corpse. Once again everything played in my mind.

"You smell so sweet" I heard him speak licking his lips.

He did next what I was being afraid of. He closed the remaining distance by stepping ahead and held my waist with his big macular arms. Putting all my hair on one side, he brought his lips closer to my bare neck. I was scared to death.

Death!

I was going to die in the next few minutes. Maybe this was written in my fate. I was going to die just like Maria and My parents. His fangs descended his lips. I shut my eyes. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice.

"Evan! Stop it!" Stephen shouted. Letting go of my waist, Evan reluctantly took a step behind."What are you doing?!"

"I don't know. I can't control myself" I saw Evan take one more step back and look at me longingly. His eyes turned a bit gentle but I could still see his fangs aching for blood "Take her from here. Now!" he yelled.

Stephen quickly pulled me to his side and ran out of Lord Evan's bedchambers and closed the large door behind. He held my hand tighter and headed towards my room. I didn't understand What the hell was going on. All I could remember was Lord Evan killing Maria and then trying to kill me until Stephen stopped him. Once we reached my room, Stephen pushed me into my room making me fall on the ground. I was bewildered. Why did he push me like that?

"I am sorry, sister. I have to do this. At the end of the day, it is all in an effort to keep you safe" with this he shut the door of my room.

 I was frustrated. I wanted to confront Lord Evan. I wanted to ask him why did he kill Maria? I didn't care what Stephen said. I got up and walked towards the door. I tried to open it but it didn't. I hit the door with my hands but it didn't move a bit.

He locked it!

Controlling my aggressive self, I walked to my bed and sat on it. I brought my knees closer to my chest and head down on them. I wasn't angry. I was sad. Sad for the death of the innocent. Sad for their pain. How painful it must have been for them who were bitten by those merciless Vampires. How painful it must have been for Maria, Mother, Father and everyone who was attacked by those monsters.

Let their soul rest in peace

I prayed for all of them. I didn't realise when my eyes shut and I fell asleep.

__

The sunlight hit my face waking me up. I didn't sleep well last night. The lifeless body of Maria was stuck in my mind. It gave me nightmares. I couldn't sleep at all. It was disastrous. He was disastrous.

"I hate you, Lord Evan. I just hate you" I blutter out punching the puffy cushion from my hands.

"Cursing me?" I quickly got up and tilted my head towards the door. I saw Lord Evan standing next to the door. He was wearing white shirt with top three buttons undone and black pants. He looks so handsome. What the hell am I thinking and what is he doing here?
I flare my nostrils in anger but then I saw Stephen standing beside him holding a tray with food. Looking at him I quickly turned my face to the other direction. I wasn't upset with him but why did he lock me yesterday. I was angry at him for locking me in this room. Even though, he did it to keep me safe.

"Sorryyy Sisterrrr," he said loudly emphasising it longly. A chuckle escaped my lips but I quickly cover it with my hands. He was so childish. I wonder why he calls me his small sister when he himself is a little cute boy. He is so funny, unlike his brother. The thought of Evan made me furious again. I turned around to look at Stephen.

"I forgive you, Stephen. Afterall, you locked me to keep me safe from some people who are bumping over innocent people to make them as their prey" I saw Lord Evan give me a death glare.

What does he think? I am scared of him. Let me clear, I am not at all scared of you Mister blood sucking Lord.

"That's great. I thought my little sister was angry at me" Stephen started clapping his hands and grinning like a child. This kidish brother of mine was so adorable. He placed the food tray on the study table and started walking out of the room. Was he going out leaving me with that bloodsucking brother of him?

No, don't go!!!

Before leaving the room Stephen placed his hand on Evan's shoulder and said something to which Evan gave an assuring smile. After Stephen left, Evan started walking towards me. I gulped looking at him. I was still sitting on my bed. I started straightening myself to get up.

"Ah! It's fine. We will sit and talk" he said in a gentle voice and took a seat on the bed. Why was he acting like a gentleman when he's not one? I sat on the bed facing him. I gulped the lump formed in my throat when he came closer.
God! Please save me from this annoying person. Okay, I am not scared but at least I don't want to die so soon.

"I don't know why Stephen opened up to you so easily. I hope you understand about what I am talking. The secret. He finds you as his little sister but if by any form you hurt my brother. I won't spare you" he took a long breath and continued "Is that clear?" he asked in a chilled tone but I am sure it was a warning.

Wait, was he talking about Stephen's adoption secret. Yes, that's the one. Just as Stephen said, He really doesn't bring about that topic. I still feel strange how Giselle came to know.

I nodded my head agreeing to him. "Good" he said breathing a sigh of relief.

He came more closer. My heart start thumping loudly in my chest with the sudden close proximity.
"You smell so sweet" he tucked the hair strand behind my ear.

Bringing his face closer, he whispered into my ears while terror was grasping me,

"I wish I could taste every drop of you"

Oh my Lord! Someone please save me! For gods sake this person won't leave me until he sucks the life out of me.

Suddenly, he got up and stared at me with his fists clenching aside. I understood, he was trying to control his thirst. He looked at me for the last time and dashed out of the room without a single word.

What the hell is wrong with this man. Thank God he didn't kill me. I breathed a sigh of relief.

___________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter:)
Please vote and comment.