𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN( blood calls to blood, part ii )

( blood calls to blood, part ii )

The only sound echoing through out the court room was the impatient tapping of Jax's foot on the floor as he waited for Magnus, who was staring wearily at the Soul Sword in front of him. He seemed to be rather concerned that he wouldn't survived if he touched the Sword. Jax was seated next to Isabelle, who was looking very calm and collected. Jax, on the other hand, was trying to count to ten so he wouldn't burst out at how long this was taking.

One, two, three, four-fuck it.

"Oh for fuck's sake, just touch the damn blade, Magnus," Jax said exasperatedly, getting a few disapproving looks for cursing in the court room.

Magnus clicked his tongue, "I'd be nicer if I were you. After all, I'm the one who will try and gain back your freedom." He sent Jax a breezy smile but touched the Soul Sword nevertheless.

"By the power of this sword, do you swear to defend your clients with with integrity and honesty?" the Silent Brother asked. "No argument from me on that," Magnus said rather fearfully, not liking being so close to a Silent Brother as he quickly took his hands away from the Sword.

"Make your case, warlock," Madam Inquisitor instructed when Magnus retreated to his spot in front of Jax and Isabelle.

"My case is simple. Jax Harper did kill a mundane but speaking as a fellow Downworlder, accidents happen all the time. And sometimes there's nothing we can do to stop it." Magnus turned to the crowd, gesturing towards Jax. "I ask you to look at things in my client's perspective. He was barely a teenager back then, only fourteen-"

"Fifteen," Jax corrected but no one payed attention to him.

"He was a mundane, he knew nothing about the Shadow World and then one fateful night, he was suddenly turned into a werewolf. Not to mention a cursed one. You couldn't possible imagine what he has gone through."

Jax looked down to ignore the eyes of everyone in the court room. A hand grasped his own comfortingly and he looked up at his left every so slightly to see Isabelle giving him a small smile. Jax smiled back at her, feeling glad that he had met the Lightwood siblings. Before all this happened, the only friend Jax had were Clary and Simon but they didn't know what he actually was or anything about his past. And now to know that the Lightwoods had his back, it was a nice feeling.

Even if Alec did stab him back then, he had apologized for it and Jax had forgiven him easily. He knew Alec never meant to hurt him, Alec had been the one to tell him to run so he could live after all. Jax knew that he still cares. And he was planning on winning Alec back.