Chapter 28

§
Chapter 28
Secrets and half truths
§

As promised 3 of the winners got a spot in upcoming chapters so featuring Heavendaboss123 as

Heaven played by Sza

June 3rd, 2016
Moving day

"Fuck" i mutter tripping over my shoes that were all over the floor. I was a legit hot mess right now trying to get my hair to cooperate since it was humid but also windy outside and at this point i was considering doing the big chop and looking like a dora milaje.

Distracted by my hair crisis i almost miss the vibration of my kimoyo beads. Again. Holding out my wrist i answer the call irritably running a hand through my uncooperative curls.

"Oh bast! What have you done with your hair!" Heaven, my somewhat guardian ask. Along with Okoye she was one of the women who trained me in my fighting skills and had been very close with my parents.

"Bad hair day," i frown dropping my hand from my hair with a miserable groan once i see i only have 10 minutes before Erik and kendall get here yet i still wasnt even dressed. "Why are you calling? I thought it was okoyes job to give me missions" i say with an eye roll because i knew exactly why she was calling.

"One day those eyes will roll right out of your head! And you know why im calling-!" She begins but i cut her off with a groan. She was to me what Zuri was to T'challa except Heaven was more like an aunt because her and my mother was friends, though she didnt look a day over 25.

"Heaven, i appreciate all youve done for me but im a grown woman for bast sake, im 23 years old i dont need you monitoring who i date" i snap finally spotting my comb sticking out from under my textbooks.

"Dating? I dont care about that im talking about that unmarked kill you had, you know the one that had nothing to do with protecting your country!" She snaps at me and i instantly recoil, she may have been thousands of miles away but i could still feel her anger through the call.

"That officer deserved it! He had it coming you just dont understand! Its so...so messed up over here in America. I have the had the power to fix that- i had the strength, stealth, agility, i was raised as a weapon and could easily cover my tracks...in my sleep...with one hand, and i did. Plus if it was wakabi or i you wouldve done the same thing" i challenge and she pauses for a second before she nods her head.

"Without a doubt i would! But that doesnt mean you can just do what you want you have to be careful, if king T'chaka or queen mother hears you know they will worry for your mental and have you back on the next ship to wakanda!" She yells at me and i sigh, she was right as usual and i had no defense but to sit and listen.